Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
yes, mine is all squished down, have the new inserts, but worry that the other mounts are putting too much weight on the front one. the frame seems like a had plastic ?
How bad were your other mounts ( mine is 97 SE-R with 110K miles)
Get a picture so i can fully understand what youre saying.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,270 Posts
Get a picture so i can fully understand what youre saying.
Ok will do,
Are all the front mounts that hard plastic for the frame/holder ?
Is there a better one ?
You understand i have not put the new inserts in yet ?

·
Registered
4,270 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
They sell a dog bone motor mount for the front. I cant seem to find a picture

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
that's what mine looks like. Yes, they're plastic. My old one that I'm replacing is plastic, and the new one that I bought from autozone is plastic. I thought i got ripped off until i looked at it.

And just so you know, the insert that came in my new one looks just like your mashed-down old one. I'm putting in polyurethane inserts for sure this weekend. by the looks of 2dr sentras picture, they fit a lot better, so the drivetrain will seem a lot stiffer.

polyurethane mounts coming in this afternoon!

and in case you're looking for some mounts, you can get them here:
(Prothane part number 14-1901)
Prothane Motion Control 14-1901 - Prothane Motor Mounts - summitracing.com

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Here are the motor mounts installed -

I dont have pictures of the REAR mount, but that was installed too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
dude nice. thanks for the pics. I didn't even see the one above the transaxle. still don't know where the rear one is. i guess i'll find out when i put it on ramps this weekend

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
do you not have a/c? i still don't know how i'm going to get at the front passenger side one. it's under the a/c pipes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
how did you get the inserts in???

so last night i worked on the front mount (the plastic one). I got the circular insert out and the new one in somehow. it was hard, but doable. Then i bruised my palm and thumbs trying to get the larger insert into the front mount. I stepped on it, lubricated it, and did everything i could to get it in but it won't budge!! how'd you get yours in?? (yes, i did pull the pin out first before trying to get it in)

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
so last night i worked on the front mount (the plastic one). I got the circular insert out and the new one in somehow. it was hard, but doable. Then i bruised my palm and thumbs trying to get the larger insert into the front mount. I stepped on it, lubricated it, and did everything i could to get it in but it won't budge!! how'd you get yours in?? (yes, i did pull the pin out first before trying to get it in)
you need a bench top vice. And you just press them in, use dish soap to lube it up, Press it in with the metal pin.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
left passenger mount

I feel like I'm consulting you on every step of this process, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the rubber out of the front passenger mount. I've tried pushing it out with a clamp, breaking the seals with a flat screwdriver, and even drilling it to pieces and it's not coming. I feel like there's an easier way.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
I feel like I'm consulting you on every step of this process, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the rubber out of the front passenger mount. I've tried pushing it out with a clamp, breaking the seals with a flat screwdriver, and even drilling it to pieces and it's not coming. I feel like there's an easier way.
Do you have AIM?

This mount ^^^??

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
that's the one

no AIM. I'm on my iPhone. Is there a way to send a private message to you? I'd give my phone number.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
to be continued

wow. thanks for all the posts. i can't finish it today though. I settled for putting in the autozone one so i can drive it around. i butchered the original one too badly. now the bolt holes don't line up....and after about 2 hours of prying and pushing on the engine block i managed to get two of the bolts in (the third hole is still about 2 millimeters off, so i said screw it for now.

as if that wasn't enough of a problem, i can't get the bolt in to connect the mount to the body. it's off at least 5 millimeters, and i'm not strong enough to pull the engine and jam a bolt in at the same time. so....i'm driving around with only 2 connected mounts for the time being...until i can get those inserts in. you'd think Prothane would have included some hints or instructions. seriously.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Yes thanks for all the informaiton. I havent started my mounts yet, have to get the new wheel bearing in, and may do the Contol arm and end links since the front end is apart on one side anyway.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
i didn't get it in time. it will, though. i know what i need to do now. once i get that taken care of, i can take the trash autozone one out (an apparent waste of 40 dollars) put that one in, and get my engine mounted on all three mounts again.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts