Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i remove the backseat? i'm lowering my car and i need to remove it to get to my rear struts. but i dunno how.

any help would be apreciated.

Shamus

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
If it's anything like a B11 or B13 (I've had both) check for some pulltabs near the bottom and then pull the seat upwards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm...i'll try that, i haven't got to the back yet, since the bolts are so rusted that i need a torch to remove em. oh well...I'll have try this next weekend.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I tried to remove my backseat too. I didn't get it out. :(

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's unbelievable you peoples can take your rear seats out. Do you gyus know how to take the front ones out atleast.
This is what you do get in the back and grab in the bottom of the seat and pull upwards.
The seat is in two parts a bottom piece and a back piece.

The bottom piece is connect to the car with two metal hooks formed in a u. Grab at the lower bottom of the left side at pull upwards with all your force and the at your right once you get both hooks out you then pull it towards th front.

For the back side once you take the bottom out you'll notice 2 or 4 bolts. Get a 10 or 12mm socket and get them out. Once you have them out grab the seat in the bottom and pull up. If you look at where your speakers are right in front of them is a tap where a hook slides in it. Overall there's three hooks at the top of the rear seat.

During the wither i took all of my seats out the center consol, plastic trim pieces and the carpet and slap some asphalt spray which i got from canadien tire and the metal floor and the i put all of my interior back in.

i hope this helps you guys

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
That's a much better description than I wrote. :) While I've never had a B12 it sounds like the rear seats are all pretty much the same. I pull the bottom part out sometimes when cleaning the car - you wouldn't believe the amount of junk that falls back there.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
mustang302 said:
It's unbelievable you peoples can take your rear seats out. Do you gyus know how to take the front ones out atleast.
Im sorry that Im still new to the interior trim department. I dunno if its forgivable for me not to know but how do you take the front seats out....

-Nick the poor, stupid, SOB who drives a B12 and cant even take his own seats out...

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Hey does that mean that I can take the 2 seats front seats out and swap them? My drivers seat cushion is in rough shape!

Also does anyone know if it is possible to hinged the rear seat to make it fold down? Since I take the Sentra on lots of Kayaking/skiing trips i generally carry long cargo and a buddy. If the seat could fold down the trips would be a lot more comfortable...

-Nick

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
sentrastud said:
Hey does that mean that I can take the 2 seats front seats out and swap them? My drivers seat cushion is in rough shape!

Also does anyone know if it is possible to hinged the rear seat to make it fold down? Since I take the Sentra on lots of Kayaking/skiing trips i generally carry long cargo and a buddy. If the seat could fold down the trips would be a lot more comfortable...

-Nick
That's my problem too. I just want the seatback to be easily removable so that I can put two mountainbikes and two people in the car at the same time. Anyone else find it funny that my bike is worth 56% of the value of my car??

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Paid $1400 for the bike two years ago and $2500 for the car a year and a half ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts