Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Yup. David's been thinking about doing that for a couple weeks now. The older forums were hardly getting any traffic anyway.

·
Surf
807 Posts
Scott- Has he shed any light on why he got rid of "Show and Shine", and "Cool Rides" and if "War Stories" is ever gonna be back?

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
I haven't spoken privately with David, so I can only relay what I've read on the forums, but I recall him mentioning reducing server load as the primary reason for getting rid of those forums. Possibly he'll bring some of them back after the issues are sorted out?

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
Shawnsilverb14 said:
Scott- Has he shed any light on why he got rid of "Show and Shine", and "Cool Rides" and if "War Stories" is ever gonna be back?
Hmm...I almost doubt that those forums will ever come back, but then again, David is David, he can do whatever he wants. IMO, I hope War Stories never come back. I just want the server load to go back to what it was a few months ago. It's been hard, and I'm on cable, to browse the site.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
sethwas said:
Hey,
So it seems that b15sesntra has freed up its server and left nissanforums as the 'primary' B12-14 forum.

Seth
We have a good working relationship with David Evans at B15sentra.net

Mike

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Re: Re: b15sentra.net

morepower2 said:
We have a good working relationship with David Evans at B15sentra.net

Mike
True, and actually those forums were part of Sentra.net originally. David and Scott worked a deal to move them to B15Sentra.net when we were having server issues. It was really only the natural thing to do in bringing them back once we created this site.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Re: Re: Re: b15sentra.net

myoung said:
True, and actually those forums were part of Sentra.net originally. David and Scott worked a deal to move them to B15Sentra.net when we were having server issues. It was really only the natural thing to do in bringing them back once we created this site.
Correct, except it was actually Russ and I who made that deal and once David took over as owner he continued to honor the agreement.

As I've said before, anyone complaining about David getting rid of the B11-B14 forums should actually be thanking him for having allowed them on B15Sentra.net for so long! He didn't have to do that.

·
Surf
807 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: b15sentra.net

Scott said:

As I've said before, anyone complaining about David getting rid of the B11-B14 forums should actually be thanking him for having allowed them on B15Sentra.net for so long! He didn't have to do that.
Very true, considering the b14's didn't have a Spec-V. Seems thats all the site is about now

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey,
I'm not complaining. I like the consolidation. I was just mentioning it. On the vote on b15sentra I voted to kill them there to boost the boards here. (not that there were that many hits form B14 people there anymore, so b15sentra claims).

Seth

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: b15sentra.net

Shawnsilverb14 said:
Very true, considering the b14's didn't have a Spec-V. Seems thats all the site is about now
Hehe, yes and no. We still live on as B15 "other than Spec V" 'ers there. ;) I've made my rounds to other forums, but I consider B15sentra.net my home, no matter how rough it gets sometimes. :D I've actually been spending more time at SR20DE Forums and starting to be more active here. I guess I just want to chill with everyone. ;)

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
Sorry to go off topic fellas, but I remember when I had my B14 back in the day and I was part of sentra.net Forums and then I got my B15 and sentra.net boards shifted to B15. Damn, how time flies! It seems like awile ago, but then it seems just like yesterday. The Nissan community, IMO, rocks, no matter what Forum is where and whatnot. :)

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
I agree. Choice is better, and the options available have continued to improve. It wasn't too many years ago that sources for online Nissan information were very limited.

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
Nowadays, we have all sorts of great resources. The mailing list, SR20DE, B15sentra and NissanForums to post on..not to mention sentra.net and se-r.net and NPM. Wow, then with everyone's personal websites. The community is so huge. It's crazy that I've only been a part of it for 4 years and it's like this now. Good job to all that have been major players on how things are now!

Off topic once again, but I remember when Yannick was such a huge post whore on the old sentra.net forums. Doesn't he have a B15 now?? Is he still around?

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Mr SEntra said:
Off topic once again, but I remember when Yannick was such a huge post whore on the old sentra.net forums. Doesn't he have a B15 now?? Is he still around?
Yeah, a moderator will tell us to take it to off-topic. ;)

Last I spoke with Yannick (which was probably a year ago) he was driving an older Civic, but missing the Nissan. He had gone back to school and needed something more affordable. I haven't seen him online in quite some time now. It's really too bad he didn't stick around because the magazine and Sentra.net were originally his ideas. Both have enjoyed much more success than I think either of us ever expected.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mr SEntra said:
Wow yeah, I do remember that he was definitely proactive in the development of the community. He was always talking about his band and stuff. Nice to remember the good ol days, when things were so simple. :D
Well, I've been offline for a while :)

But it's fun to see that some people still remember me :). I miss the good old days too. I wish I had never sold my B13 to get a B15. Now I'm stuck with a slow-ass '95 Shitvic that's worth less than what's left to pay on it... But that's going to change.

I have two options in front of me right now: 2003 Spec-V, or 2003 GXE with luxury package (don't know what they call it in US, it comes with 15" alloys, fog lamps... looks like my old 2001 SE basically) and automatic tranny. I know the answer looks pretty obvious but there are some things going on in my life right now that may rule out the Spec-V. Can't really talk about it right now.

But anyway, I'm glad to be back here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well it looks like my little "concern" is now out of the equation.

I probably won't wait for the 2004, but I will wait for my salary re-evaluation in january before I make my decision. I hope to be cruising Spec-V style next summer :).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts