Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wanna ask...is it recommended that i use a standard transmission out of a B-15 to use on my SR20 swap...i got a B14 98 sentra and im bout ready to do the swap but before i buy the transmission...which one should i buy...any suggestions

·
Registered
6 Posts
sentdawg said:
I'm just wanna ask...is it recommended that i use a standard transmission out of a B-15 to use on my SR20 swap...i got a B14 98 sentra and im bout ready to do the swap but before i buy the transmission...which one should i buy...any suggestions
I would suggest using a tranny from a '97 or older SR20 or one from a 2000 (B15). I have a 98 SE and I do not a an LSD. I blew up the stock tranny and did the same thing you are doing, asking aroud for suggestions, and I wasn't lucky enough to get any. I picked up a tranny out of a '98 SER and guess what, no LSD. Nissan did NOT put the LSD in the 98-99 SERs or Sentra SE's.

So, now I guess it is up to you whether or not you get one with or without it. I will tell you this, I had a hard time even finding a SR20 tranny in my area so good luck.

Ken

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
b15 trannys are the shit. a lil bit more expensive but they will take a beating and hold really high horsepower. just make sure its a b15 se (sr20de) tranny. good luck.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Galimba1 said:
transmissions don't go by chassis code. An SR20 engine needs an SR20 transmission.
They are not all the same, and do differ from chassis. B13 all have vlsd. B14 95-97 ser have VLSD also. 98/99 sentra/200sx have open diff. B15 have both vlsd/open diff and are hydraulic, much stronger gears. P11 have the same options as b15 trans with longer gears. P10 are like b13s with longer gears.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well okay...from what i was told a standard tranny out of a 2000 sentra would work just fine with the SR20 and i found one for sale from a local junkyard.so im still kind of debatin' on which tranny to go for, but i might take my chances and go for the tranny out of the 2000 sentra.

·