Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wanna ask...is it recommended that i use a standard transmission out of a B-15 to use on my SR20 swap...i got a B14 98 sentra and im bout ready to do the swap but before i buy the transmission...which one should i buy...any suggestions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
sentdawg said:
I'm just wanna ask...is it recommended that i use a standard transmission out of a B-15 to use on my SR20 swap...i got a B14 98 sentra and im bout ready to do the swap but before i buy the transmission...which one should i buy...any suggestions
I would suggest using a tranny from a '97 or older SR20 or one from a 2000 (B15). I have a 98 SE and I do not a an LSD. I blew up the stock tranny and did the same thing you are doing, asking aroud for suggestions, and I wasn't lucky enough to get any. I picked up a tranny out of a '98 SER and guess what, no LSD. Nissan did NOT put the LSD in the 98-99 SERs or Sentra SE's.

So, now I guess it is up to you whether or not you get one with or without it. I will tell you this, I had a hard time even finding a SR20 tranny in my area so good luck.

Ken
 

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
Joined
·
214 Posts
b15 trannys are the shit. a lil bit more expensive but they will take a beating and hold really high horsepower. just make sure its a b15 se (sr20de) tranny. good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Galimba1 said:
transmissions don't go by chassis code. An SR20 engine needs an SR20 transmission.
They are not all the same, and do differ from chassis. B13 all have vlsd. B14 95-97 ser have VLSD also. 98/99 sentra/200sx have open diff. B15 have both vlsd/open diff and are hydraulic, much stronger gears. P11 have the same options as b15 trans with longer gears. P10 are like b13s with longer gears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well okay...from what i was told a standard tranny out of a 2000 sentra would work just fine with the SR20 and i found one for sale from a local junkyard.so im still kind of debatin' on which tranny to go for, but i might take my chances and go for the tranny out of the 2000 sentra.
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
the 2000, 2001 SR20 transmission is hydralic stock vs the 99-below being cable clutch. You will have to convert the 2000,2001 tranny to cable clutch in order for it to work properly.

If you're not turbocharged, you don't need the b15 transmission
 

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
Joined
·
508 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
They are not all the same, and do differ from chassis. B13 all have vlsd. B14 95-97 ser have VLSD also. 98/99 sentra/200sx have open diff. B15 have both vlsd/open diff and are hydraulic, much stronger gears. P11 have the same options as b15 trans with longer gears. P10 are like b13s with longer gears.
Crap, sorry, forgot about the VLSD difference. I pretty much misunderstood the whole question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
chimmike said:
the 2000, 2001 SR20 transmission is hydralic stock vs the 99-below being cable clutch. You will have to convert the 2000,2001 tranny to cable clutch in order for it to work properly.

If you're not turbocharged, you don't need the b15 transmission

but you wont get the 5th gear pop out. here is an entire thread about the swap from B13/14 tranny to a B15/P11 tranny.

you can also buy a tranny from JGY with a friction type LSD installed for $600 all you need to do is bolt it on to your car.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top