Discussion Starter #1
i hate to look around for this easy question so here it is:
what are the differences in the two?:eek:
which one is better to own?

·
Banned
809 Posts
both.

Both are good to own, i prefer the 200, cause its mine :).. sentra is a nice family car, the 200 is lighter, and has nicer tails.. IMHO... well.. whichever, good reliable cars.. just get the SE-R

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that all? just the light huh, well can you show me the difference. yes i am looking for a ser, is there a 200sx ser or is it called a sentra

·
Banned
809 Posts
well.. why would you want sentra Se-R..? lol..

Se-r is good for 140HP 2.0L engine
SE is a whopping 87HP 1.6L

SE-r has better brakes, and is better..
i wish i had an SE-R

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Niss200SXGTR said:
Huh? It's a whopping 115HP 1.6l. Don't try to make the 1.6 sound even slower than it already is!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wtf there is no difference between 200sx and sentra

·
Registered
672 Posts
the sentra se has 115hp to the crank, not to the wheels.
and Blood206, the difference is that the 200sx is a 2doorsentra. im surprised no one mentioned this already

·
Banned
809 Posts
well...

Well.. i figure most people who do any study whatsoever on any car they want to buy would easily figure that a Sentra and 200sx, would be related... considering everything for these cars are usually listed together.. ""headers nissan 200sx/sentra 1.6l" etc etc

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the thing is what company changes the name of car just because of the # of doors? common

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so in the years 95 through 99 did anything change with the engine or body?:rolleyes:

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Niss200SXGTR said:
well.. why would you want sentra Se-R..? lol..

Se-r is good for 140HP 2.0L engine

SE-r has better brakes, and is better..
i wish i had an SE-R

the sentra se has 115hp to the crank, not to the wheels.
and Blood206, the difference is that the 200sx is a 2doorsentra. im surprised no one mentioned this already

Yeah ,,,,you are comparing a built (really built) SE-R with 140whp and a bone stock 1.6 with 87 whp.... not really a fair comparision..

if you are going to throw numbers up make sure you do the research and are passing on accurate quotes.

Bone stock GA16DE = 89-91 whp
Bone Stock SR20DE = 119-121 whp

Less if it's an automatic transmission

and like rios said... on the B14 the 200SX is a 2 door and the Sentra is a 4 door. That is a big diff to a lot of people.

The 200sx has a sportier look, but was only available from 1995-98... there were small cosmetic changes made through those years, but very minor changes.. like the 98 came with white gauge faces.

·
Registered
314 Posts
SE-r was not offered in the 98 sentra.

it is the SE in 98 but does run the 2L motor. its a nice ride... it also has a little different body kit and bumper from the SE-r 200. they are both nice... just depends on what you want. i like 4 doors.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah..i think nissan was trying to drive sales by getting rid of the sentra name on their sportier compact. also trying to confuse the hell out of people by bringing back a name of a car that used to be a rwd two door.

·
Registered
87 Posts
the se-r is 140 stock hp and 137 lbs of tq but the sentra and the se-r are not the exact same....i mean most things are compatible for both cars but when it comes to the engine it usually says sentra and 1.6 200sx then you got the se-r which has its own listings cause the engine is bigger...but other than the engine the 2 cars are basically te same...the se-r if juss got more muscle you could say...

casey

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.