Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched over and over on this site and looked at the FSM and can't find an answer to my question.
What im trying to find is the major intake and exhaust differences between the 95-97 ga16de and the 98-99 ga16de.
Everywhere I look, I can find cat-back exhaust and CAI for the 95-97, but nobody seems to advertise for the 98-99 ( I have a 98 GXE).
I tried to go through the Stromung website and only found Subaru items.
All I know about the exhaust is the Air Intake Temp Sensor is different for the 98-99.

Any info is appreciated, especially from those who have troubleshooting experience.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
chimmike said:
they're all the same.
meeeeh, mike i do belive theres some type of deference with the cat placement. i have a 99 and my cat is in my manifold.
PSr_SEX-R said:
its off topic but isnt there a different intake on the b13? and whats so different?
high port, low port, no idea what the difference is.......but thats the names.

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
www.mossyperformance.com
stromung exhaust..[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I've been there before, but never long enough to snoop.

The question was somewhat answered with a "there all the same."

However, I would like to know why hotshot, and just about everyone else (Injen, PR, etc.) only advertise their CAI's for the 95-97 and ad their WAI's for all 95-99's. Either there is a mechanical reason for this (MAF size, AIT postion) or chassis reason (is the hole behind the battery mount different?).

I've never looked under a 97 hood, so I'm at a loss here.

Another question to go along with this... Will an sr20de Throttle Body adapt to the ga16de? If not, than what is the openings size difference between the sr20 and ga16? I am merely assuming that the CAI for a 2.0 should fit the 1.6, but it's a shot in the dark.

Thanks for the patience.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
assuming only makes and ass out of you and me.. :cheers: SR throttle bodies (TB) are 60mm while ours is 50mm. there is a big difference, the sr cai wont fit on our car without modifications.. its better though to get our as you will get more power and its velocity stacked with you want. the TB wont even fit on a B14 because the positioning with a few things like TBS and cables.

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
1.6pete said:
meeeeh, mike i do belive theres some type of deference with the cat placement. i have a 99 and my cat is in my manifold.
Thats not just your car, thats the Cali emission stuff. Mines go it also

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nismo1997 said:
Thats not just your car, thats the Cali emission stuff. Mines go it also
I have the cat/manifold option (lovely 'feature' on our lil monsters) and Im guessing a resonator down low.

I checked the Stromung options and one version was with O2 bung (& w/o resonator) and the other w/ resonator. If I have a lower cat, than do I get the system w/ res, or w/o? The bung (or lack thereof) is what worries me.

Also... I only asked about the TB for a 2.0 because I come up with crazy ideas and need some reassurance that they are, in fact, crazy. :D

I would still like a better understanding as to why there is an ad difference for a 95-97 vs. the 98-99. Im gonna be up all night thinkin about that one!

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
DraftEm98 said:
I have the cat/manifold option (lovely 'feature' on our lil monsters) and Im guessing a resonator down low.

I checked the Stromung options and one version was with O2 bung (& w/o resonator) and the other w/ resonator. If I have a lower cat, than do I get the system w/ res, or w/o? The bung (or lack thereof) is what worries me.

Also... I only asked about the TB for a 2.0 because I come up with crazy ideas and need some reassurance that they are, in fact, crazy. :D

I would still like a better understanding as to why there is an ad difference for a 95-97 vs. the 98-99. Im gonna be up all night thinkin about that one!
Intake is the same from HS, it is actually designed off the 98-99 IATS as the 95-97 has a different IATS. It will fit your car just fine.

The exhaust is different between the 97-98 cars. IF your car has a cat underneath then call Stromung and tell them you have a 98 WITH the factory cat, they know what to do as they are aware of the differences.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts