Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've searched and read all the threads. I've called Nissan to order a center console armrest that was offered as an OEM upgrade which they new nothing about. I've emailed Mossy and haven't heard back. I've searched Ebay and Ebay Motors.

I just need to know what year/model center console armrest will fit in a 96 200sx se-r. I am planning on putting hinges on whatever I get, so hinges aren't necessary. Just need something to work with. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Sorry if this should be in cosmetics, just wanted to ask the b14 section since many probably have done this and might be able to provide me with a part number to go to nissan with.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
1.6pete said:
go to www.mosseyperformance.com enter your car, go to the "interior" section and it will be there for $40 some

You got the wrong website address.....

Call up your local Nissan dealer, they will be able to order it using the part # lshadoff provided. You can also order it from Mossy Nissan or Performance Nissan...but of course they will tack on shipping fees...

·
Banned
4,308 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1.6pete said:
sorry bout the wrong addy :thumbup:

heres a direct link to the arm rest

You guys are awesome, I can't wait to talk to the guy at Nissan who told me there was no such B14 armrest. He was treating me like an idiot until I asked him if there were any other models that would fit the b14, and then he actually stuttered. Anyway, the part number is exactly what I was looking for, thanks guys.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
matcapir said:
You guys are awesome, I can't wait to talk to the guy at Nissan who told me there was no such B14 armrest. He was treating me like an idiot until I asked him if there were any other models that would fit the b14, and then he actually stuttered. Anyway, the part number is exactly what I was looking for, thanks guys.

You guys rock. Nissan suddenly found the part once supplied with a part number. Ha ha. It was a different guy. He wasn't sure if they could even get it anymore since it was an add on accesory. Anyway, they wanted 65 bucks for it, so I'm going to just order the one from Mossy. Thanks a million guys.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ninety-Nine SE-L said:
contact Mossy again, I've never known Greg to slack with emails, I usually get a response in less than a day.

the Armrest comes in black, grey, or tan, the part# above is the black one.
Thanks niney nine, I ordered today from Greg and it's been shipped. 45 for the armrest and 9 bucks S+H. WOOOOOHOOOO!!! Funny I'm so excited about an armrest, but I've been wanting one for almost three years!!!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
The armrest is great! If you really want a nice combo then look at the Redline products leather shift boot, should match the armrest well. Or, get the shift boot/e-brake boot/armrest cover package. not cheap, but they look great.

By the way, putting hinges on the armrest will require a good amount of thought and fabrication... The metal bars that hold it in will allow it to "hinge" up or down normally. If you build your own hinge, it might get ripped apart sooner or later since the armrest gets squeezed between the seats pretty tightly.

Enjoy your armrest, its a great "mod."

·
Banned
4,308 Posts

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
fondoo said:
does the armrest slide into the cd pocket?
si............

·
Registered
306 Posts
B14_Stealth said:
yes, it doesn't flip. In order for it to flip you would have to install a hinge.
The armrest does flip up and down. It's built to operate just like any other - it will flip open and closed while the bars hold it in place. It may not look as nice as an actual hinge, but it's simple, it works fine and its a drop-in affair.

Of course you can definitely improve upon the original design by installing a hinge but it is by no means necessary... Sentrixx has made a real nice looking hinge on the link posted by 1.6pete (several posts up).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts