Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that when the motor goes back into my car, the A/C set up will not be going with it.

My question is, I know I will need a shorter belt from the Non-A/C GA16DE..can I use one from any year GA16DE (B13 or B14)?

Thanks....

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
I've decided that when the motor goes back into my car, the A/C set up will not be going with it.

My question is, I know I will need a shorter belt from the Non-A/C GA16DE..can I use one from any year GA16DE (B13 or B14)?

Thanks....
Let me know what you find. I need to get this belt for my car now that I have rmeoved the AC. I also have to tak into account the UR pulley.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wes said:
Let me know what you find. I need to get this belt for my car now that I have rmeoved the AC. I also have to tak into account the UR pulley.
Will do.
I'm thinking any year (B13 or B14) GA16DE non-A/C will work, but I would like to be sure.
The UR pully is smaller than OEM....hmmmm?
That makes it a bit different....

·
MY PIRANNAS ARE BITTING
147 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
Will do.
I'm thinking any year (B13 or B14) GA16DE non-A/C will work, but I would like to be sure.
Yeah with the UR pulley being smaller it gonna be different, you might wanna pick up 2 different belts just to compare. Same thing I had to do when putting in the UR but w/ AC

·
Registered
385 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
Will do.
this may sounds ghetto but it will work get a long shoe string and pretend thats the belt when you put it on the pulleys tie it down and mark the lenth and take it to a autoparts store and they will give you the correct size you need, we did this for my friends b14 se-r when we removed the power steering works like a charm!

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
se_nismo said:
this may sounds ghetto but it will work get a long shoe string and pretend thats the belt when you put it on the pulleys tie it down and mark the lenth and take it to a autoparts store and they will give you the correct size you need, we did this for my friends b14 se-r when we removed the power steering works like a charm!
Not a bad idea, I was simply going to use a fabric tape measure to get the length. I just figured if someone did it first it would be easier.

·
Registered
114 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
Be careful, the B13 GA16DE has a separate belt for A/C, it's a different setup than yours. And if you're using the UR pulley, then yes the size will be different than stock B14's without A/C.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
94econobox said:
Be careful, the B13 GA16DE has a separate belt for A/C, it's a different setup than yours. And if you're using the UR pulley, then yes the size will be different than stock B14's without A/C.

Thanks!
That was the info I was looking for.
So, I'm going to order the belt for a non-A/C B14.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts