Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure what to call this. i had just washed my se-r which has been sitting in the garage for a week, so i decided to take it for a quick drive. i pull out of my drive way and head towards the light i look up theres a silver mustang(newer body style) waiting to turn right but the light was green. as i got closer he turns right and so do i. i got on the outside lane and got next to him and he does nothing. we pull up at the next light, clear ahead, farmland for 2.5 miles with 3 lights. light turns green we start off fast but he slows before reaching 20mph(i was a bit ahead). i drove on thinking he dont want none. hes about a car length behind me when he guns it, im already in 3rd doing about 35 and by the time i down shift hes next to me pulling ahead. he got about 1 car length ahead of me before we slow because of the next light. there is some road construction that has my lane closed ahead for just 150 yards, so i get behind him and light turns greenand nothing... it appears he doesnt want to go. so when my lane cleared up i changed lanes(shaking my head) but as soon as i do it, again he guns it. but this time i was still in second and start gaining on him fast. we are reaching the next light (where i need to turn and where the street merges in to 1 lane)and im ahead about half a car length and decide to hit the brakes so i could make the turn. i will call it 1 out of 2. what would you call it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
sounds like he really didnt want to race unless it was a V6 stang...then it would def be a confidences problem...

·
Registered
80 Posts
the v6 mustang is way over rated they are not that fast. a friend of mine just got a v6 mustang and i had just got my maxima, so i had to challenge him. he asked what car i had i told him a maxima and he said HELL no

·
Registered
333 Posts
my aunt has a mustang 25th annaversary edition. The car drives like its fast as hell, pulling gears g's and gravity make it feel bad ass, however when i first got my 93 sentra ser she wanted to race me because of my big mouth. Well i took the challange and we went at it . I totally whipped on her ass for about two miles before she had had enough... My car doesn' t feel like the mighty stang, but it beet the hell out of it. Nice race man. A V8 woulb probally analiate us both, but who cares, after all, were only driving "four bangers".:D

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
V6 Mustangs & Camaros are not even a small threat to a good runnin' SE-R. Even w/ mods, if they're not supercharged, they're losing. Haven't lost to one yet, and don't plan to.

Those Hondas are some sweet looking cars.....in my mirrors! :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
wickedsr20 said:
V6 Mustangs & Camaros are not even a small threat to a good runnin' SE-R.
I don't even think they can run that great against a decent running GA16 either. I've gotten in a couple of races with a couple in my 93 Sentra E and I've beaten several v6 stangs. Surprised the hell out of my friend's aunt when I raced her and actually beat her.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
well the mustangs thru 00 that were v6's were garbage...iirc in 01 the v6 came with like 225 hp which is what the ole 5.0's use to come w/stock. there's a base stang that runs at the local track that runs in the 12's in the 1/8....sad

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
just to let you all know V6 Stangs don't offer much performance in stock trim. even with a CAI and pullies they are not that fast. now add some gears like 3.73's then they are quick for a V6, but nothing to write home about. was it an auto you raced? how about a vert? the only ones that were "decent" in performance from the factory were i believe the 99 and up with stick. if it isnt running the juice or its not blown, i really dont think you guys would have any problems keeping up or beating them with some of the mods you guys(gals?any here?). here, check it out for yourself to give you an example:V6 times

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seva said:
i would have been happy if u beat him... ah well
i actually did take him the last time, i pulled on him hard. since that day i met up with him at a light once more and called him out. he told me that it was a stick. when the light turned green i let him take off first and he got about a foot in front of me(his rear bumper to my front) before i gunned it. i was next to him by mid 2nd gear and about a car and a half by the time i hit 3rd. that guy needs to learn how to drive, i heard him hit the revlimiter in 2nd. as for the time he pulled on me i think it was because he was a good distance behind me when he downshifted and gunned it and i let him get next to me before i did the same.

·
Registered
249 Posts
deception se-r said:
i actually did take him the last time, i pulled on him hard. since that day i met up with him at a light once more and called him out. he told me that it was a stick. when the light turned green i let him take off first and he got about a foot in front of me(his rear bumper to my front) before i gunned it. i was next to him by mid 2nd gear and about a car and a half by the time i hit 3rd. that guy needs to learn how to drive, i heard him hit the revlimiter in 2nd. as for the time he pulled on me i think it was because he was a good distance behind me when he downshifted and gunned it and i let him get next to me before i did the same.
good then!

·
Registered
333 Posts
good man, sounds like your SE-R is running strong. I'll bet you he will think twice before running a nissan again. especially since our car is in a totally different class. I mean isn't the horsie supposed to be in the same class as the Maxima, Comaro, Prelude, and RX 7's. HA HA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts