Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to swap a b13 suspension on a b14 to try to increase travel; plus the b13 has a legendary suspension! i searched, and i couldn't get the complete answer. please no "You can do anything with the right amount of cash" aswers, i know that already, i want a more definitive and technical answer

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
himbo said:
is it possible to swap a b13 suspension on a b14 to try to increase travel; plus the b13 has a legendary suspension! i searched, and i couldn't get the complete answer. please no "You can do anything with the right amount of cash" aswers, i know that already, i want a more definitive and technical answer
Wait, wait. How is swapping a B13 suspension system into the B14 going to incrase damper travel? And the B13 has a "legendary" suspension system? Where'd you get that from?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The b13 strut is shorter than the b14 (not including the part that moves up and down)but is the same height including the part that goes up and down thus allowing more damper travel. I read this somewhere inthe forums and it is actually recommended for lowered b14 cars

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
lucino said:
The b13 strut is shorter than the b14 (not including the part that moves up and down)but is the same height including the part that goes up and down thus allowing more damper travel. I read this somewhere inthe forums and it is actually recommended for lowered b14 cars
That's what I thought you were going to say... And I'm going to tell you that you're confused.

The only way a B13 strut is going to give you more travel is with a sleeve-over coil-over conversion kit (like Ground Controls). This is due to the different shape and depth of the spring perch. Installing the B13 front struts on a B14 will NOT give you more travel with the stock springs or with lowering springs.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
b14 handling will easily outperform that of a b13, especially given a good setup. This is common knowledge, and if you havent' figured this out yet, you need to go back to sentra.net and do a bit of reading.

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
^^^^^^^^^
Take EL HEFE advise, B14 are great cars, you can also check NPM.com August 2004, article about B14 suspension.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
legendary in that the magazines praised the b13 suspensions and legendary in the fact that they were such good setups on fwd econo cars, whereas the b14's were according to car and driver mag. the milder forgettable sentra

i also meant swap as in putting a b13 rear on a b14, can it be done, i know its never been documented

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
himbo said:
legendary in that the magazines praised the b13 suspensions and legendary in the fact that they were such good setups on fwd econo cars, whereas the b14's were according to car and driver mag. the milder forgettable sentra

i also meant swap as in putting a b13 rear on a b14, can it be done, i know its never been documented
A few good reviews when the car first came out doesn't make the suspension system "legendary". Also, going from the B14's rear "multi-link beam" to the B13's ultra-simple independent suspension system won't make much of a difference.

But if you really want to find someone with solid experience with this, track down morepower2 and PM him. I his testimony will do a better job of convincing you than the diagrams that I have.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still independent rear is a sweet set up...

where in jersey are you from?....

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
himbo said:
still independent rear is a sweet set up...

where in jersey are you from?....
A good linked rear suspension is better than some simple independent setups.

I'm usually roaming the New Brunswick/Piscataway area, though my house is in Oakland.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no shit, i'm moving to wayne, and live in north haledon right now, youre pretty close

1 - 11 of 11 Posts