Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I might be getting back into the Nissan family after an almost 4 year hiatus. Back when I had my '88 Pulsar XE I remember doing some suspension research. From what I remember the struts for a B13 Sentra fit in the KN13 Pulsar, but you need the top hats from the B13 as well. I searched and can't find the information. Does anyone know if this can be done?

·
Registered
734 Posts
yes they are interchangeable

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Am I correct in that you need the top hat from the Sentra, or does the Pulsar top hat work? What about the springs?

·
Registered
734 Posts
when i put the b13's on my b12, i used top hat and springs from the b13. i do believe the b13 have stiffer springs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have phrased my question better. Can I use the N13 springs with the B13 struts and top hats, or do I have to use the B13 springs? I only ask because I don't want to move to coilovers right off the bat.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, since I have your attention, and this is my thread, I can go off-topic if I want.

1) What considerations need to be made if I want to drop a CA18DE into this car (trans, axles, ecu, etc)?
2) If I were to turbo the CA16DE (very low boost, 5psi, with fuel management), is there a manifold available?

·
Registered
734 Posts
well you can use the KN13 springs, but b13's are stiffer and will make your ride alot better. you can use either top hats, but i would use the b13's since they will be newer.
if you want to go ca18de route, then you will have to get everything from a donor car to make the swap complete. its alot of work to change everything over. not to mention the wiring.

i have no idea about the ca16de-t you might be able to convert a ca18det intake to make something work. i dont have the info on this really.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately the car slipped through my fingers. I just can't justify the $1000 with the economic situation. It was a '87, 145k, 5-speed, no rust at all, one owner, etc. Perfect car, and I probably should have just bought it, but oh well.

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately the car slipped through my fingers. I just can't justify the $1000 with the economic situation. It was a '87, 145k, 5-speed, no rust at all, one owner, etc. Perfect car, and I probably should have just bought it, but oh well.
1000 bucks is a steal..lol.. there rare as hell.. my2 cents..:lame:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I know it's a steal. I could have flipped the car for double that. I'll just keep my eyes open and see if I can find an '88 SE or NX2000.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found an '88 SE for about the same price as the '87 SE that I missed out on :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts