Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Sentra B13 XE and sometimes it shuts down, it starts
down to a minimum but returns to the normal status but sometimes it shuts down.
I checked the "minimun" and it's fine, the injectors are clean. Somebody can help me with that? Somebody have an idea about my problem?
Thanks!!!

My email is: [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's IAC?

I mean that the vehicle at times almost shuts down, but it does not always, but sometimes turns off completely.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Turns off completely? As in, just the engine, or everything (no electrical either)?

If its just the engine, you likely have a fuel, air, or sensor issue.

If its everything, check your main ground for the battery. It's bolted to the transmission by one of the starter bolts.

The IAC is the Idle Air Control Valve. It regulates the amount of air that leaks past the throttle plate while the car is idling, effectively controlling idle speed. It's located on the passenger side of the intake manifold (nowhere near the throttle body for some reason) with a hose running to it from the air intake.

·
Registered
92 Posts
maybe the mafs? (mass air flow sensor...) or when my fuel pump went out it was shuting down at times then bam all the way ...

thats juss my 2 cents... good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
my nx 1600 used to just shut down, i had a thread about it a while back. eventually i put a big magnet i got out of a hard drive on the bottom of my gas tank away from the fuel intake thinking it would hold the rust out of there....and i havent really had the shutting down problem since then...
worth a try!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts