Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to gauge an interest on a rear STB for the B13 Sentra. This one would require NO cutting to make it fit. It would fit in the channel behind the rear seat and under the rear deck. I don't have any pictures yet, but I will try to this weekend. Cost would be around $60 or $70. I need serious responses to see if it will be worth it to produce them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does it bolt onto the to top of the towers or does it just press against the tower walls? Just a question as there was someone trying to put a bolt on one together for a while.

brent meints

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bolts to the upper strut bolts like the front one does. This on is competely invisible once installed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds pretty cool, for 60 bucks or whatever I think I wiould be interested.

Brent Meints

·
Registered
92 Posts
All i want to see is a pic with fitment and a pic of the bar. Will it be paintable or is it polished etc?

brent

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
sweet, that looks great. Thanks for posting pics. Is this the same bar that is running in a thread at the sr20de forums?

Brent

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will be based on that bar, but it will be improved. The end links will welded to the bar. There will be adjustability in the middle of the bar, instead of the sides. You gave up all rights to that bar when you sold the car Pat. :cool:

·
0 Posts
Im IN!
I'm will to pay $60.
Keep us updated...
There is someone developing one on SR20DEforum.com,
but it still seems to be in the works.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm feeling really tired and lazy tonight, so... what exactly are the advantages(i.e. handling?) and what exactly does it do(improve handling, antiroll, whatnot)? Normally, I try to research the crap out of things... sometimes too much, and end up making a mountain out of a mole hill.

If it does improve the handling and whatnot... for $60, I'm in. Sounds like a nice upgrade w/o spending out the butt.

Later,
Mark

'91 SE-R

·
Registered
32 Posts
vladha said:
I'm feeling really tired and lazy tonight, so... what exactly are the advantages(i.e. handling?) and what exactly does it do(improve handling, antiroll, whatnot)? Normally, I try to research the crap out of things... sometimes too much, and end up making a mountain out of a mole hill.

If it does improve the handling and whatnot... for $60, I'm in. Sounds like a nice upgrade w/o spending out the butt.
It stiffens up the rear of the car. Stiffer more responsive ass end = a bit more oversteer = happy FWD car. :)

I had a rear STB in my old SE-R (Eric's friend bought the car, now he is copying the design and is going to get rich while I sit here and eat bologna sandwiches and drink lukewarm tap water), and by itself it was a noticeable improvement.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
I bought a Rear Strut Tower Brace from courtesy nissan... It's the style that goes between the two strut towers behind the seat and below the deck. How does mine compare to the one that ya'll are developing? I kinda feel bad that I just bought this one and it's kinda in the way.

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 49 Posts