Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Generally, may i enquire how far can a B13 go with full tank?

1. I bot my B13 last August 2004. I went as far as 550km with full tank.

Then I changed to 185/65 spec tyres, the FC came up to 480km max.
The I installed the Air Flow thingy (increase air intake - suppose to improve FC) - no diff. Then I did grounding, the FC became worse; 450km only :(

Can some please tell me if this is normal?

2. Also, while in 4th gear, and pushing to 3k RPM, the engine tends to vibrate a little, is this norm as well?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
idk aboot number 2 but every cars tank is matched with its fuel econemy to get roughly 250-300 miles per tank idk what that is in km but i bet u do ans as for the dropping fuel econepy id say u prob need a tune up, plugs , wires, rotor, cap, fuel filter, air filter etc etc etc

·
Registered
151 Posts
uhhh, it went down cause you have the wrong size tires, 185/65? on a 14 inch? its supposed to be 185/60-14 if you wanna keep the right diameter. if this is true then chances are your not far from where you started.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys, conversion => 1 mile ~ 1.6 km means (approx 400km to 480km) giving the right stats to my babe then; cheers guys.
I've upgraded my engine oil to Fully synthetic, spark plugs to BOSCH 4, grounding, new batteries... guess I should go for tuning then.

Sorry lad, my stock rims are 13 inches (alloy). Dare not upgrade to sports rim fearing that my FC may be worsen :(

Anyway, thanks lad

M'sian + B13 Lover

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
It would help if you told us WHICH FRIKKIN' ENGINE since Nissan shipped that car with two different engines.

This is one of my pet peeves. You can't just say B13. Nor B14 or B15, for that matter.

·
Registered
450 Posts
spark plugs to BOSCH 4
Good luck on the Bosch plugs. The standard ones were terrible (fouled out) right away in my Sentra. I have heard mostly bad things about Bosch +4 (misfire problems with many vehicles). Have you tried stock NGK plugs? I have had the best performance with them and they are less expensive.

·
Registered
177 Posts
bahearn said:
It would help if you told us WHICH FRIKKIN' ENGINE since Nissan shipped that car with two different engines.

This is one of my pet peeves. You can't just say B13. Nor B14 or B15, for that matter.
Actually, since he quoted kms instead of miles I assumed this wasn't an Amercian car(probably Canadian). And anyone familiar with B13s knows that the only engine in Canadian B13s in the GA16DE. Or is it just me?

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
knock_it_off_hudson said:
Actually, since he quoted kms instead of miles I assumed this wasn't an Amercian car(probably Canadian). And anyone familiar with B13s knows that the only engine in Canadian B13s in the GA16DE. Or is it just me?
By your logic we can't assume it's a Canadian vehicle. Aussies and Brits use the B13 designation for the NX2000 and Sunny GTiR. Therefore, I ask again: which engine?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Call -CatMan on the Bosch plugs, even though the Bosh 4 Platinum is a decent plug...the NGK V Power is prolly the best bang for the buck. I now have Denso Iridium plugs ($12.99 ea) and have to say that i noticed a difference in peppiness, fuel economy hasnt been changed; My SR20 get's about 24-27 MPG.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
14 Posts
What Engine?

You are getting pretty good milage so far, Though you did not mention whether it is city or country driving or mixed and whether its a 1600 or 2000cc. You get better milage on highway. Mine is a Gray import from japan and i live at high altitude (5000 metres above sea level) i get only 420 km city and 550 highway for my 40 litre tank.

But get this, it is a 1295cc GA13(DS) that is the dual port carburettor version. Pulls well enough to toast 1600 cc Toyotas crawling along. Has 200,000Km on it now, will rebuild it soon, has started blowing a little blue smoke at high revs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Clarrification...

bahearn said:

Hey chill bro...
Sorry but was prety tide up over de w/end...
it's GA16DE engine. That's the only engine we can get for a B13 model in Malaysia mate... sorry yea

The FC mentioned above are referring to city drive. Somehow I manage to gain more initially. Hmmmm, bad review for BOSCH 4 yea... could that be the czuse of the engine's harshness??? I can feel roughness when I'm in higher rpm (>3k rpm) Perhaps I've been too ambitious...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts