Nissan Forum banner

b13/p10 strut bar?

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  JustinP10 
#1 ·
in this months issue of npm there is a REAR strut bar for the p10 nissan primera/ infiniti g20. does any one know if it will fit on the b13 sentras? or is there a rear strut tower bar that is currently being made for the b13 either in the usa or japan? thanx

#3 ·
The bar was imported as a one-time deal. It'll probably be difficult to find one, unless you know someone in Japan. I had someone purchase this bar from a local shop and then mail it to me here in the Arizona. The bar will most likely run you $130-180 shipped, depending on who you talk to.
As far as fitment on a B13 goes, I don't think it'll fit, but I'll look into it and let you know.

#5 ·
Every time this issue pops up I make a mental note to post about the Whiteline rear stb. I do and then everyone ignores it. Well, here goes again....

WHITELINE in Australia makes front and rear STBs for N14 Pulsars. Since the mechanical parts and dimensions of the chassis undercarriage are identical between N14s and B13s, anything for the N14 should fit right in on a B13.

Those guys have a rear STB for N14s, they sell it rather cheaply ther (~US$70) and they are represented by at least 3 companies in the States.

Go to

http://www.whiteline.com.au

and search for US distributors. Then, go buy yourselves a rear STB.

Chris

#6 ·
Is the fitment the same tho as the N14 is a hatchback version. I always thought that the strut towers on the N14 were open and not enclosed like the B13 behind the seats. As well as the bars to support the trunk lid are none existent on the N14. I guess it really depends on mounting location. Anyways if this is not the case than for $70, its a steal.

#7 ·
I can take a photo of my 3-door N14 and post it next week (weekend is always off-time!).

I strongly believe though that they will be identical even in appearance. Since all versions of a N14 (short 3door hatch, 4door sedan, long 5door liftback) have identical layouts back there I find it difficult to believe they changed something ob B13s. The measurements/dimensions though are identical (used a B13 Sentra FSM and measured mine).

Chris

#13 ·
I finally had a chance to measure up the back of a B13 vs a P10 and just from looks alone I can tell you the P10 bar won't fit properly in a B13. For one, the bolts don't line up properly. Also, the clearance around the bolts is different between the P10 and B13. The P10 has more clearance around the bolts, which would allow for a larger strut tower brace "foot" to bolt to the top of the rear strut tower. Sorry it took so long and I hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.