Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B14 1.6 engine, I found and buying a 92 ser with a bluebird engine. Im gonna take the motor out of the 92 and install it into my B14. I know you have to change the mounts and I was wondering if they would bolt into the spots on the B14?

Ive searched

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Yes you need the SR20 mounts.

You will also need the ECU and harness from the B13 to run the engine. Some of the sensors in the B14 are not present in the B13.

Unfortunately, the B14 tach and speedometer will not work with the B13 ECU.

Lew

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im getting the complete car, it comes with everything. I was just making sure that everything would work. So with the mounts that are on the bluebird will bolt into my car correct

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Here is a syllogism:

You need the mounts for an SR20 engine to do the bluebird swap into your car.
The bluebird is an SR20 engine
You have the mounts for the bluebird engine
The bluebird mounts can be used to put the bluebird engine into your car.

[Whew! I haven't done one of those since Logic 101.]

Lew

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I just checked the B13 FSM, and the ECU might work the B14 tach since it uses a speed sensor (not a cable). It depends what signal the B13 ECU sends out, AC or DC (the B14 tach needs a DC voltage). You'll need the pinouts for the B13 and B14 clusters. It's not likely the connectors are the same so you'll have to splice the B14 connector onto the B13 cable (unless you want to try to install the B13 cluster).

Lew

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I own a 97 sentra with a 1.6 n I just brought a 92 ser classic with a BB that I was gonna take out of the B13 and install in the B14. I know all the mounts will go in etc. My question is will the wiring harness work and everything else in my car that would have to deal with the motor, fuel pump, speedo shit like that. My car B14 is odbII and the B13 is ODBI would I have any problem? Or could I drop it and it will run?

Fill me in if i left anything out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts