Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April 7th 2002, (Kinda long, but interesting)

While returning from a date at Moroso motorsports park and running a cool [email protected] in a 4-dr sentra w/ no LSD, my passenger and I heard a nasty "Supra" growl and a smooth blow-off. I look back at my other friend in his S-2000 trying to see where the noise came from and finally discovered a beautiful yellow Lexus IS300 that was boosting wiggling through traffic trying to coax me to play. Real quick guys/girls I'm no kid and I have two small children that I planned on going home to, but I had to go play with the IS300. I catch up to him and actually got past him just to see how big his intercooler was and to my surprise it had "TRD" on it. Mind you, I have a friend in the car with a video camera, so I'm prepared to validate this claim. I take off on him at well over 140mph on a beautiful open highway (no sign of the s2000) and the IS began his chase. I could only race him in spurts as I did not want to risk getting cited, but rest assured "He got smoked". Then an AudiTT joined in the reindeer games and he battled with the S2000 and the IS300 as they all trailed behind me at over 150mph. You see, it's pretty cool when you got that video camera to silence all liars. I was told that this guy started telling people that his car was governed at 140mph and I just smiled and said whatever. His car was very fast until he crossed the path of an old school sentra with a dial-in time of 14.6 painted on my rear window. Any questions, feel free to email me or scrutinize or whatever you guys and girls like as long as you're having fun and being safe.

Boost_boy
X2 B12 sentras w/ CA18DET's

Z

·
0 Posts
Hey that's pretty cool, you have a B12 with a CA18DET? How much HP are you making, do you know? Was that swap any easier than doing an SR20DET swap into a B12?

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Zak,

As far HP is concerned I could only guess and say somewhere near 320-350 considering the fact that same friend of mine with 240hp S2000 has 300+HP twin turbo'd RX-7 that I spanked with my own Sentra. As far as the swap for the B-12, the CA series engines was a pretty easy (mechanical-wise drop-in), but the electronics are pretty easy until you get around the instument cluster for the sentra as opposed to the Pulsar's. That set-up alone took me 9 hours both times to do, but the product is a factory look item. SE-R instrument clusters does not work in the B-12 and even if it did it would look sloppy. Remember, the one I raced the Lexus, honda and Audi in was my girlfriend's sentra that I built for her entertainment. It's pretty tight-work and it has A/C, 4-wheel disc brakes, power steering and no AFM (hint-hint). Money+time= a pretty nice machine. I just got my JUN dual valve springs today, so now it's time to complete the beast for my B-12. 10 seconds or blow-it w/no less than 25 PSI of boost is where I'll be tuning the car upwards. Oh yeah, secret spec gear box of course. I never trashed a gear or tranny on all of my set-ups, so that tells you that the pulsar was a pretty tough cookie back in it's day producing [email protected] rpm and 115ft/lb. of torque in 1988-89. However, I would be weary of the 1989-90 CA18's as they were decompressed and they suck major donkey cream.

Dee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts