Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im getting a 88 e16i sentra this weekend for 250 with a bad tranny crack hood and bent back bumper. but the engine is still runing strong. anyways before i do the ca18det swap im going to build the e16i meanwhile i gather the parts for the ca18det swap. what i wanted to ask is there any way of messing with the e16i carb i know you can upgrade the e16s with a weber or a z24 carb but i havent heard anything on the e16i carb can anybody help?

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Nismo87R said:
well im getting a 88 e16i sentra this weekend for 250 with a bad tranny crack hood and bent back bumper. but the engine is still runing strong. anyways before i do the ca18det swap im going to build the e16i meanwhile i gather the parts for the ca18det swap. what i wanted to ask is there any way of messing with the e16i carb i know you can upgrade the e16s with a weber or a z24 carb but i havent heard anything on the e16i carb can anybody help?
Its kinda tough, so many variables are controlled by the computer. There's no parts to swap.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what will: headers,cam,cam gear,lighten flywheel, performance clutch full 2in exhaust piping from the downpipe back? and some kind of cold air intek

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
there is a sticky about using the ga16i TBI swap... kindda hard taugh, but it will increase the TB bore diameter a bit :)... other than that, there isnt much you can do other than putting a carb.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Nismo87R said:
so what will: headers,cam,cam gear,lighten flywheel, performance clutch full 2in exhaust piping from the downpipe back? and some kind of cold air intek
Not really, the power gains are going to be bottlenecked by the carb.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know im better of with e16s but for 300 a bad tranny thats not bad at all. i know that the e16i carb wont help much but i just want a little kick before i save up and try to do the ca18det swap again. i just want something that i can have fun with for now. BII man we need to hang out one day so that i can check out your car and see that weber carb. its always good to hang out with old school sentra people

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so then it would be better to get a e16s sentra so that i can mess with the crab and upgrade to a z24 carb?

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i just got mine second b12 its a 88 sentra door e16i i put the amber coner lights and man they look really good the clear coners also look really good. my next purchase is bronze rota circuit 8 with a polished lip :fluffy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.