Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im getting a 88 e16i sentra this weekend for 250 with a bad tranny crack hood and bent back bumper. but the engine is still runing strong. anyways before i do the ca18det swap im going to build the e16i meanwhile i gather the parts for the ca18det swap. what i wanted to ask is there any way of messing with the e16i carb i know you can upgrade the e16s with a weber or a z24 carb but i havent heard anything on the e16i carb can anybody help?

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Nismo87R said:
well im getting a 88 e16i sentra this weekend for 250 with a bad tranny crack hood and bent back bumper. but the engine is still runing strong. anyways before i do the ca18det swap im going to build the e16i meanwhile i gather the parts for the ca18det swap. what i wanted to ask is there any way of messing with the e16i carb i know you can upgrade the e16s with a weber or a z24 carb but i havent heard anything on the e16i carb can anybody help?
Its kinda tough, so many variables are controlled by the computer. There's no parts to swap.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what will: headers,cam,cam gear,lighten flywheel, performance clutch full 2in exhaust piping from the downpipe back? and some kind of cold air intek

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
there is a sticky about using the ga16i TBI swap... kindda hard taugh, but it will increase the TB bore diameter a bit :)... other than that, there isnt much you can do other than putting a carb.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know im better of with e16s but for 300 a bad tranny thats not bad at all. i know that the e16i carb wont help much but i just want a little kick before i save up and try to do the ca18det swap again. i just want something that i can have fun with for now. BII man we need to hang out one day so that i can check out your car and see that weber carb. its always good to hang out with old school sentra people

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so then it would be better to get a e16s sentra so that i can mess with the crab and upgrade to a z24 carb?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just swap out the carb and put a weber 32/36 and change all of the jets at least +5 more, if its( 135 -> 140). I had most of the jets im my 32/36 changed to +15 I only left the idle ones to +5 or +10. I you do make this carb swap You might have to get a mecanic fuel pump.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i just got mine second b12 its a 88 sentra door e16i i put the amber coner lights and man they look really good the clear coners also look really good. my next purchase is bronze rota circuit 8 with a polished lip :fluffy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts