Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B12 and I am very interested in the Charles Johnson project sentra B12 turbo car. All the parts listed on the car seem pretty straight forward on where to find/get them, except the Nismo suspension from Mossy Performance, he said his set was probably last of its kind, i was wondering if anyone knew of this Nismo Suspension for a B12 or what is possibly the closest and best alternative set of struts out there for the B12.

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/may03/projectb12/
thats where the Nismo suspension is mentioned.

Thanks.

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
There was just a couple of discussions about B12 suspension setups over on the B12 page.

I talked to Mossy last year about that setup, doubtful you will find them anywhere. For a direct bolt-on for your car, you'll be kinda limited on choices. for struts, you can get Tokico Blues, and I think you may be able to get Koni inserts, but not 100% sure. As far as springs go, there are Sprint, I think Eibach are still availible, and several Ebay brands availible.

Also you will want to look at getting yourself a set of sway bars from an 87-90 Pulsar SE twin cam model. They are a great upgrade over your stock bars.

I am very happy with my setup and it keeps the car under control even when pushed hard. Good Luck ! :thumbup:

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
I called tokico a couple of weeks ago, and unfortunetly the blues for the B12 are no longer available from them. The B13 Blues (Charles describes how to install B13 struts on a B12 in the article with the AGXs) are still available, but at that point you might as well get AGXs or Koni (the Koni are inserts are the B12, which I think are the same as the B13 but I'm not sure, are still available).

I was going to buy them, good thing I called before I ordered them. I hear the Konis are better anyways.

EDIT:

As far as springs go, you can get the Eibach sportline or prokit, Sprint, Suspension Techniques as well (IIRC). Please stay away from the eBay stuff, and I've never really heard anything positive about ST or Sprint, performance-wise. B13 springs fit as well, so you can get B+G springs for a B13, which is what I ordered :). From what I hear, B+G tend to be stiffer than Eibach in general (I don't know exact spring rates for our application though), and B+G are less expensive than Eibach as well.

Tien is also developing springs for the B13, but I have not seen a ship date for those, they are listed in the 2005 catalog though. I'll keep an out and post when I find out (I love working at an aftermarket distributor sometimes:) ).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seriously considering b13 suspension for my b12 4WD wagon

This is good stuff hear! I have had two poeple suggest now to try and pull my b13 shocks off and try and fit my AGX's to my b12 4WD wagon. Seems like a bunch of work just to see if it will fit. I am going to be putting them both up for some string measurement/proof of concept before I order anything. The last person to suggest it recently said they have b13 suspension on their n13 pulsar which has been mentioned that they have the same rear transaxle setup, my thought is it might work. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? I need some suspension help for my b12 4WD wagon. Too bad the link mentioned is gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts