Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i want to modify my original b12 headlight units and clean up the lenses maybe replace the lenses with lucite or pyrex or somthing. ive taken the clips off.. is there anything anyone knows on how to get the lenses off? i tried and it started to chip ? sense they are glass.

yea i know i have bmw headlights not but im not so sure if im as happy with them as i want to be.

·
Registered
321 Posts
im not sure if this is the direction you want to go in, but thiers somthing called PB Blaster, its like wd-40 but 10 times better, may help penetrate if the seal is the problem, like over time if the glass bonded to the rest of the assembly, this may help break the bond.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Glass is actually the best headlamp material. Plexi clouds and scratches easily

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
not if you get the right coating on them and also you can sand those 800g or higher and recoat them with clears coat wich is kindda getting them as new... ;)

( my work:molding lenses)

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
also you can polish acrilique and policarbonates with the proper compund wich is founded at most hardware store...

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
dude , bump all this lens mess and go ahead and freak the bmw headlights since u have them. just my opinion......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts