Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I am going to do my exhaust right this time. My old turbo muffler is rusting and my car sound slike a honda now. I am thinking I should get the hotshot header, a high flow cat, and a magnaflow ss muffler all in 2.25" unless the outlet on the header is 2". Does anyone know the outlet size on the header and if there is any direct fit high flow cats for the b12? i saw a catco at summitracing.com but it was universal or for the b13? would the b13 cat fit?

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Hotshot header? I don't think they make a B12 header (at least not anymore). Carsound (same company that makes magnaflow) makes a high flow cat. This is for an 87, but they make them for all B12s. 2 1/4 should be fine, but again Magnaflow doesn't make a cat-back system, you'll have to get a muffler shop make one for you. I suggest perhaps buying some mandrel bent pipes and having them weld a system together with that. They will have to weld the cat to the exhaust. You should get a resonator too.

You maybe SOL on the header though, but you might get lucky and find one.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
can get a ga16de header if u have a 89 or 90 sentra but ud have to make a custom down pipe and while your at it just buy some pipe and find a friends with a welder , thats what i did, i have a 3 inch down pipe to the cat LOL then after the cat its like... maybe 2 inches i dont even know with one big hole from the hanger before the muffler

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought the hotshot header came with a downpipe?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of mods? cutting the crossmember, oil pan? I cant think of anything that would be a problem other than just not reaching the cat but i could just have the shop weld a flange to the cat and move it back i suppose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts