Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here still using E15 engine? Please post problems encountered and fixes. I have a 1988 Nissan California and planning to do some modifications on body and egine, problem is am not an expert..hehehe

It is practical to maintain the said engine or better replace it? If replacement needed, what engine suit to its mounting? please help me...

Correction: B11 E15 engine

·
Registered
34 Posts
My problems have little to do with this engine, as this engine is super reliable, but not exactly fast. make sure you clean it, use Sea Foam, you can find it at auto zone, it will clean out all the carb and everything. If you get major viberation in ur exhaust when ur idle, normaly sea foam will fix that! (found that out today)... the main problems I've had with the engine, has little to do with the engine... My only problems are at the moment, is the fan engines are burnt out and my engine gets very hot... now my power steering starts to make loud squealing sounds when u turn, I replaced the fluid a few weeks ago, and its starting to do it again, I assume the pump is going bad, or perhaps it has a crack its sucking up fluid fast. One of my home boys, he broke one of the things that holds the belt inside the engine, and he decided he will just buy this other suit up sentra for 300, and just replace the engine when he finds a SR20 or CA15... theres a lot u can do to this engine, u can make it very fast, but it wont be nearly as fast as things like SR20.... the most drastice thing u can do is change the carb, get the after market chrome one, cut a hole in ur hood and put a hood scoop on it, it will look like some sort of drag racer...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts