Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a hard time finding a clutch for my 83 5spd Sentra. Most clutch makers only make clutches for 86 and up sentras. But the 86 models used the same E16 engine, shouldn't they fit the 83?

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
Go to Rockauto.com and they have several choices for 1983 Sentras with the 1.6L. I would go with the Exedy 06021 clutch kit for $75.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, you didn't say you were looking for a performance clutch and you don't say how much torque your turbo E-motor would be producing. If you know your engine's torque output, you can try contacting Exedy:

https://www.exedyusa.com/contact/
Yeah I forgot to mention that sorry, I was high lol. And no more than 130ft/lbs. I'll contact them and see, thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i owned an 83 for 4 years. did 3 clutches in it in the period i owned it (kept burning them up due to power) i found out clutchmasters can get you what you need otherwise 100 buck at autozone. make sure its for the 1.6l or 1.5l as they are vastly different in clamping force i found out.

my 1.6 e16 was making somewhere around 125ft/lb at 130hp but it had been bored 1mm so it was closer to 1.7l when it was built. i managed to find a nismo head from a old man in japan and snagged it lickety split as performance stuff for the e16 is getting harder and harder to find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts