Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i know this is kinda early posting this. but to celebrate my car hitting 200,000 im driving to california Richmond VA to sandiago. and plenty of stops in between.

the car will be painted and lookin all good hehe..

just wanted to let yall all know im roling out there and i want to check out as many peeps on the way as I can.

G

·
Wow! 2,700 miles and 44 hours of driving in a 13 year old car with 200,000 miles...one way! The adventure begins.... :)

Good luck

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going in may 2003 im bringing.. a couple of credit cards and my best friend is going with me and he is paying for half of everything needed to fix my car if anything breaks .

we are splitting the trip 50 50 with whatever happens. hes an awsome friend.

i think itll make it.. i want to contact nissan and tell them im doing the trip . I think it would be awsome publicity for there advertisment of reliability. but i dont want to show anyone my car untill it looks perfect cause then i wouldnt get crap. lol

i want to go to all the cool places in cali and maybe meet some of the peeps.

I know MIke (reznor666) from sentra.net ive been friends with him for ever. so he is gonna help me out while im down there.

thnks for the luck man

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
That's going to be a crazy trip!!! You should invest in a digicam before you go.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Good luck...

I guess new York is out of the question huh? lol

Take a lot of pics

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
with a 5 gallon oil tank of spare i would do it but... from montreal this would be like 5000miles... hahahah so im sparing that trip.. ;)

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
It wouldnt be that bad from Montreal though. Just hop on the Trans-Canada and floor it! Quebec and Ontario are the only slow parts to worry about. Once you hit the prairies yuo should make great time! turn at south at Calgary and then take the interstates down to cali! Or you could just go to Vancouver! Theres so mcuh cool stuff to do there!

-Nick

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive got two digi cams and my laptop also i will have a sprint internet card for wireless net on the road.. so i can post pics in every state i go through on the BB.

NY is only 6 hours away from me ill have to make that trip sometime soon :)

·
DANIEL REYES is a THIEF
346 Posts
Good luck on your trip! I've done a similar trip at the end of 2000 (went from North Carolina to SoCal to Oregon, back to Cali, then home) totalling over 5 thousand miles (at the time the car had 180k on it).

Gas gets expensive, especially running in the 4,000-5,000 rpm constantly. (four speed.)
But it'll handle endurance like a champ :D
I drove 30 hours straight on the way home, trying to avoid an icy weather front closing in right behind me. Yes, 30 hours. Aside from the driver being fatigued (ME!), the car did excellently.

Long trips rule. It's such a cool feeling, thinking a few days earlier you were on the other coast. Makes ya proud. You and the car. *sniffle*

LONG LIVE SENTRAS! :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha awsome too hear dude, man when i get to the point where im all warm and tired i gotta pull over cause other wise I will fall asleep at the wheel.... see its not to bad but when i used to work two jobs and get off at midnight on one then have to be back at work at 4am at another i just never got any sleep so somtimes id wake up driving my car in a ditch or on the grass on the side of a highway, wierd stuff sux when you wake up driving beside the woods hahah.
im glad i have another driver with me.

thnks for the story dude gives us all inspiration with the sentra hehhe.

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
man, dropped. hurry up and get those rocker arms and eurocam in and tell me how that bad boy is running!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts