Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone ;) I'm back again, 210's waiting for an engine so I dug out the b11 to drive, I'm back to trying to solve some of the old quirks it has now.

I just got new tires and an alignment ( didn't get the printout... ) and the car handles like a FWD, so I guess everything's ok, but the car pulls to the right a bit when I gas it hard, and settles back to being more centered when i let off. what could be causing that? the passenger side engine mount has always been a little tweaked because of some preexisting frame damage, so is that what causes it to pull? I say pull it doesn't dart off the road or anything, I just feel it go to the right some.

·
Registered
751 Posts
B11sleeper said:
Hi everyone ;) I'm back again, 210's waiting for an engine so I dug out the b11 to drive, I'm back to trying to solve some of the old quirks it has now.

I just got new tires and an alignment ( didn't get the printout... ) and the car handles like a FWD, so I guess everything's ok, but the car pulls to the right a bit when I gas it hard, and settles back to being more centered when i let off. what could be causing that? the passenger side engine mount has always been a little tweaked because of some preexisting frame damage, so is that what causes it to pull? I say pull it doesn't dart off the road or anything, I just feel it go to the right some.
Could be a lot of things. Every steering and suspension part influences performance. On these old buggies, it pretty much all needs replaced. Ball joints, struts, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings, end links, a-arm bushings Did I forget anything? I replaced all this stuff on 2 Sentras. Each component made a huge difference especially since I was removing garbage. BTW, this is one of the easiest cars I have ever worked on.

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i replaced everything in the front end already, i mean everything. I think it's the passenger side engine mount problem still. i should get that frame rail straightned or use a chain to restrain the engine and see what that does for me.

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
astreamk1 said:
????? I was always under the impression that torque steer was something common in front wheel drive cars because the drive shafts are usually 2 different lengths ? :rolleyes:
maybe it is, this is my first FWD car. I've had a subaru part time car that was FWD most of the time and it was very squrrely. Everything else was AWD,FR or RR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts