Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to install a tach cluster I recently acquired from an 86 b11 into my 84 b11 without a tach and have everything working since it was just a matter of rearranging the wires on wire connectors to match the connectors from the car with a tach. The tach itself consists of 3 wires black, yellow, and red/white and I figured out from reading the haynes manaul wiring diagram that I can splice into the yellow wire from the instrument connector and the black wire from the clock. My problem is that I can't seem to find the red/white wire I need to hook into. I know that the red/white wire comes from a resistor by the ignition coil but the 84 has nothing but the coil and the 86 has something I'm not sure what but not a red/white wire that I can tell. Also from the 84 by the fuse box there are only 3 wire connectors 1 wire which is a red/white wire whereas the 86 has 4 wire connectors and 2 red/white wires.

I hope someone can help me figure this out as I would greatly appreciate it I'll get some pics up if it will help asap and if I need something from the 86 I can get it because I have both cars.

Thank you in advance
Nasser

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool after doing some more searching on here I read something about taking the signal from the coil and adding a resistor to it and you saying that is reassuring. Thanks for the reply and on a side note your car is awesome and I hope to have my b11 like that at some point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just wanted to give a quick update i got it working by taking the signal from the negative side of the coil and adding a 2.2kOhm resistor. So I just wanted thank macakin for his help and if anyone would like me to the writeup on what exactly I had to do to install the instrument cluster let me know as I would gladly do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts