Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from those experienced in a complete engine swap. My car is a carbureted model so I would really need some advise in how to do this swap. I got the engine, alternator, g20 93' ecu and harness, and thats about ir. I'll appreciate your help guys :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
that seems like a lot of fabricating the best thing i can say is just gofer it, find out step by step what u need to modify to get the engine and transmission set up and dont u need a sr20ve ecu? just curious
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slacky said:
that seems like a lot of fabricating the best thing i can say is just gofer it, find out step by step what u need to modify to get the engine and transmission set up and dont u need a sr20ve ecu? just curious

I'm getting the ecu reprogramed, I think it won't work if it's not.Ohh and yesterday I bought a Walbro 255 inline fuel pump :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
macakin said:
I'm getting the ecu reprogramed, I think it won't work if it's not.Ohh and yesterday I bought a Walbro 255 inline fuel pump :thumbup:

Correction, I was told that the DE ecu can work but it would give some idle problems, which I would have to correct by hooking up an APEX SAFC II, and I wanted to know if any of you guys knew if the shifting linkage would work with the SR20 tranny?
 

·
100NX2000
Joined
·
346 Posts
I am so here watching the progress of this car. I have confidence that this will work somehow because I see some sick cars come out of PR. So please post pics and keep this thread updated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your support guys, I'll keep you informed on my progress, there are some pics of my here ( http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/587017 ) :showpics: none of the from the swap yet, but i'll post them as soon as I start bolting and modifiying everything Thanks again...
This is a list of what I got...
*SR20VE 95'
*G20 SR20DE Wire Harness
*G20 SR20DE ECU
*Walbro Inline Fuel Pump 255lph
*Nismo Fuel Pressure Regulator
*New Blue SR20VE Valve Cover
*91-94 SR20 Tranny with LSD
and I'm still on the lookout for a few other parts I need
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
i recommend against using the AFC or stock ECU.

get a JWT ECU, order it with either no rev limiter or 8000 rpm, and just tell JWT that you are aware of valvetrain damage and that you will eventually upgrade the cams.

also, go here http://www.sr20forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41 and read the FAQ, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
macakin said:
Thanks for your support guys, I'll keep you informed on my progress, there are some pics of my here ( http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/587017 ) :showpics: none of the from the swap yet, but i'll post them as soon as I start bolting and modifiying everything Thanks again...
This is a list of what I got...
*SR20VE 95'
*G20 SR20DE Wire Harness
*G20 SR20DE ECU
*Walbro Inline Fuel Pump 255lph
*Nismo Fuel Pressure Regulator
*New Blue SR20VE Valve Cover
*91-94 SR20 Tranny with LSD
and I'm still on the lookout for a few other parts I need

Made a mistake it should read
*SR20VE 98'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Hmmm, yes, VE. My white whale. I'll keep checking on your progress, see what I will encounter on my VE swap. Good Luck.
 

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
Joined
·
2,136 Posts
about the VAFC stuff... you should use more like a MSD rpm trigger instead... youll need 2 of them (confirm this) cuz you get 2 point where the tensioner moves and changes cam timing ... Good luck with the swap !!! hope i can help you more later !
 

·
Sentra Specialist
Joined
·
1,902 Posts
Wow, nice B11!


This has got to be the cleanest B11 I've ever seen. Love those S12 wheels!




Good luck with the swap plans. :thumbup:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top