Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my $tillen rear-section, but have been interested in making it a full catback system. Instead of having mandrel bent piping made, I was opting to fit up a stock OEM B13 SE-R B-pipe. Does anyone know if this will work? If so, have you done it AND do you recommend it? I feel this would help free up room for extra exhaust gases and upgrade the tiny stock piping. TIA,

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
yeah, i dont see why it wouldnt work
1.6 diameter is 1.5" ser is 1.75", why not just get custom made 2" b pipe with resonator?

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I most certainly could go that route... but was just curious to see if the stock SE-R one fit because a few local AZ "Classic" guys are turbo, and not using their stock piping. I might be able to get one cheaper then have one made. But you bring up a good point with the stock 1.75" and making a 2" mandrel-bent pipe. Hmmm.... what to do, what to do.

Suggestions??? :D

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
sentra94xe said:
I most certainly could go that route... but was just curious to see if the stock SE-R one fit because a few local AZ "Classic" guys are turbo, and not using their stock piping. I might be able to get one cheaper then have one made. But you bring up a good point with the stock 1.75" and making a 2" mandrel-bent pipe. Hmmm.... what to do, what to do.

Suggestions??? :D
if you are going to do somethin do it right the first time........

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all your imput. It has been very helpful... I am in the process of finding a used B-pipe.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B-pipe update

I found a local SE-R guy (who is turbo) that was about to throw out a b-pipe... so looks like I found my piece! Might be a couple weeks till I can pick it up in Phx, but I will keep everyone posted on how the install goes. This will also give me a chance to locate and fix my minor exhaust leak. Thanks again for all the help guys. :)

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
Re: B-pipe update

sentra94xe said:
I found a local SE-R guy (who is turbo) that was about to throw out a b-pipe... so looks like I found my piece! Might be a couple weeks till I can pick it up in Phx, but I will keep everyone posted on how the install goes. This will also give me a chance to locate and fix my minor exhaust leak. Thanks again for all the help guys. :)
it iwll be a dirct bolt on
might wanan get new exhaust seals
and some good rust penatrant cause with a old car like that the bolts will be a bitch to take off

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So true XtremE, that stuff will be a must. I plan to disassemble the entire exhaust (everything after the header) with some liquid wrench, use new gaskets, then bolt back up.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BWAA HAA HA! Yeah you are right, Brad... I forgot about that part. No rain = no rust! I will need some liquid wrench cause the bolts will be a big PITA. You wanna help me put the b-pipe on? :D :p LOL

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
Sure...I got some PB blaster penetrating spray..used it on my exhaust mani, and stock exhaust when I did the HS header and GReddy cat back...name a time..

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
B-pipe Update: 4dr vs. 2dr???

Ok guys... I have the b-pipe from the B13 SE-R (2dr naturally). Everyone says the pipe will bolt directly up, but I am wondering if the fact that my XE is a 4dr will make a differece? Any ideas? I have not measured the lengths of the 2 pipes, but am wondering if anyone on here knows off-hand the answer. Something tells me they are not gonna meet up (my stock piping to the SE-R b-pipe) due to the additional 2 doors on my XE, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :( Any information would be awesome. TIA...

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Michael DeLoach said:
2 dr and 4 dr are the same.

Thank you for your response... may I ask how you figured this to be? Is it in the "Archives" somewhere, or perhaps you measured it? Or do you have this mod? Not trying to disregard your intelligence, because you are probably correct in your answer! :) I am just curious to see for myself. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts