Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...I'm looking to buy a short shifter for my 200SX. Now, I've heard all sorts of good stuff about the SMC/Pacesetter one. But I haven't heard too much about the B&M....like how's the install, how's the shifting, how much shorter in height is it...etc. So if anyone knows anything about it, let me know, I'd appreciate it...thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
don't buy anything pacesetter (manza) it is a low price, true, but its quality is horrible.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...at OpAuto.com it has both the B&M and the Pacesetter. B&M for $150, and the Pacesetter for $112...not much of a price difference and I don't think $112 is cheap. Blah...this is such a pain, but I wanna get one sometime soon, I can't stand the big shifter and big throw anymore.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea, from the little bit I've heard about the B&M it sounds like a real good piece. I think I'll probably just go with that, as I have no problem paying for extra quality. I just hope that the height of it is also reduced...but I'm sure it will be.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try to find a shifter on e-bay, found and won a bid for a $tillen short shifter for about 100 with a momo shift knob, not bad if you ask me. if you cant find anything good, go with the b&m, heard its good also.

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
Have you guys owned a pacesetter shifter..? Most of the parts from PS are cheap...but the shifter is one pc that is an exact copy of the old SMC design. I have never heard of a problem with them.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
i know pacesetter copies alot of things...but someone correct me if im wrong but i could swear i saw somewhere on sentra.net that pacesetter was the first to make a short throw with the adjustable ball for our cars.

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
Not that I am aware...Steve from SMC made the 1st ones with the adjustable Delryn ball....I too may be wrong, but I believe he SOLD the design to Pacesetter. At least that is what i have always heard from everyone. I have an SMC and love it..it is still al little too long..3/4 of an inch shorter in height than stock. I removed another 1 1/2 inches from it. It is perfect.and didnt increase the effort. I also have it adjusted all the way down for the shortest alllowable throws..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts