Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to have someone else take a look at this and let me know what you think:

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=80055

Here's a PM I received from [email protected]:

With what some of the other mods can get away with around here, and what apparently I get bitched at for. You yourself said we should use rep point deduction as we see fit. I see now that statement was in error. As for as moderators being "upstanding" members of this community, I find this to be majorly laughable. I've tried to set examples in my forum, but no one else seems to care to enforce them, indeed I find more often than not this whole place is going the direction of OT. I used to be proud to be a part of it. I see other mods behaving no better than the worst people in their sections, and yet I don't see anything done about this. I liked being a mod when I thought I could make a difference. Other people certainly haven't come to me with any complaints, which they should have if they had any honor , or balls. Maybe you should consider the source of the complaints. I find a lot of the people here to be worthless posters that don't know what they are talking about. If you can find a single thing in any technical post I've made that I am incorrect on , that I have not later admitted so if I was, than I'd appreciate the input. Otherwise, like I said, I'd simply consider the source.
My only complaint with him is he appears to be deliberately starting trouble with members he doesn't like. Using BII as an example, he's even followed him into OT and posted smart ass comments. I don't care that he thinks BII is an idiot... I think the same of 1.6pete, but I don't follow him around looking for trouble.

I don't recall ever having posted that rep points could be taken away for any reason. I do remember having posted many times that they should only be taken away for breaking rules.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Well, you obviously know where I stand by the comments I made to him. He has a tendancy to be a little crass and unintelligent with some of his posts towards "dumb" members (as HE calls them).

Yes, Mike and Samo can be harsh towards others (IN OT), but they are VERY helpful in the tech forum. (sorry mike, sam ;)). I think ballistic does it to act "all-high-and-mighty" at times. Yes BII and 1.6pete are pains in the ass at times, but let them be....hell they make themselves look bad enough.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no complaint about his knowledge level or helpfulness. He does a good job helping out in the Z forum. However, I have the same complaint about him as I do with Chimmike. Both of them have a tendency to rub people the wrong way. I can understand him not liking BII, but he doesn't need to keep trying to start something with him.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Scott said:
I have no complaint about his knowledge level or helpfulness. He does a good job helping out in the Z forum. However, I have the same complaint about him as I do with Chimmike. Both of them have a tendency to rub people the wrong way. I can understand him not liking BII, but he doesn't need to keep trying to start something with him.
Between us, he has been PMing me this past week and asking how the hiachy of the forum goes and how to handle people better when they start trouble. I have been giving him advise without telling him that others have been looking at him. I think we should be seeing a nicer side of him this week. He also mentioned that this month has been really hard for him and why he has been in a bad mood and that it will improve after Chrismas. I did not want to ask him about his personal problems so I left it at that.

As with life, not everyone can be ideal. BII is a good guy that wears his heart on his sleeve which in his case gets him in trouble some of the times.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Scott said:
I don't get it... I read some of the threads today in the Z forum. Is this Crowbar guy an idiot? Is [email protected] on a power trip? Or both?

No, I don't think he's on a power trip but he is taking it personal. I try to tell him not to take it personal but he say he can't help it and when it come to technical.

I sent Crowbar a PM, and here is his response.

"Re: Hi there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongerider
Hello Crowbar60,

I'm going to delete the nonessential part of the thread in the Z31 section. If you have personal issues with anybody on the board please PM them. If that does not work PM me or another Sup Mod, ok?

I read your past response and they seem to add a different look at some problems other members are having with their Z's which to me is good.

You have to realize is that when older members are not use to you (new) or not familiar with your suggestion you have to back it up with facts, right?

And even then some might disagree it happen to all of us, right?

LaterZ...and hope you stay and enjoy our forum.

Spongerider....Sup Mod

Crowbar's reply,
I think you have a major problem with Ballistick deleting/editing/locking threads as well as being technically wrong about issues.

I have already gotten a few emails explaining the real deal at the website but I appreciate your spin on it.

I'm thinking of banning Crowbar because I have talked to him nicely and now he's being a idoit?

I gave him a stern warning so it's up to him. As for Ballistic here is a link that sums up why Ballistic is all over him.

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=83643

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing, Scott. I think Balliztik is getting kinda outta hand. He seems to ALWAYS either complain about the other mods "picking" on certain members, or jump down the members throats for stating something that Balliztik disagrees with.

I was ABOUT to post a new thread about him until I saw this. I really think someone needs to talk to him. He seems to be ALWAYS on the defensive when some other mod tries to correct or explain something to him.
i.e.: This Post Towards James

It's almost where he finds someone new to either defend or complain about every other week.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Timbo said:
It's almost where he finds someone new to either defend or complain about every other week.
I don't know how to handle [email protected] I've approached him before and he responded as if I was persecuting him. Shortly after he turned around and started throwing a fit because I docked 1.6pete's rep for jumping into a flame war. In turn he gave all of 1.6pete's rep back, and then some. I think you know the rest. I'm still irritated about that one.

Personally, I think Mike Kojima needs to be the one to talk with him. I didn't make him a moderator, I know very little about the Z, and he's responded very poorly when I've tried to talk with him before.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Scott said:
I don't know how to handle [email protected] I've approached him before and he responded as if I was persecuting him. Shortly after he turned around and started throwing a fit because I docked 1.6pete's rep for jumping into a flame war. In turn he gave all of 1.6pete's rep back, and then some. I think you know the rest. I'm still irritated about that one.

Personally, I think Mike Kojima needs to be the one to talk with him. I didn't make him a moderator, I know very little about the Z, and he's responded very poorly when I've tried to talk with him before.
Personaly I think he's really helped turn the Z forum around. I guess I got to pay closer attention and talk to him if he gets out of hand.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
THAT'S IT!! I'm officially SICK OF HIM! Everything anyone says to him is WRONG. Moderator or Member. SOMEONE needs to talk to him or keep him from being a moderator.

He, seriously, has issues with people.

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
I personally think this is going to be another Ninety_Nine_SE-L situation. He is a bit too aggressive and doesn't seem to be getting any hints that Mike Young and Scott are giving him. I guess you guys should give him an ultimatum: straighten up or he's out. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
There's a saying, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". It is a warning that a person's sense of morality lessens as his or her power increases. (http://www.bartleby.com/59/13/powertendsto.html)

I'm afraid that some mods would ban (use force) rather than reason with members who strike them wrong for whatever reason. There is no NissanForums rule about being wrong when a member gives advice. There is a rule that mods only ban for violation of the NF rules.

Lew

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Well, you obviously read MY last response to him. He doesn't get it! I actually think he's worse than some of the members because he NOW has the ability to change their posts. If we give them banning ability.......I'm gone. SERIOUSLY!

Just my 2 cents.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Timbo said:
Well, you obviously read MY last response to him. He doesn't get it! I actually think he's worse than some of the members because he NOW has the ability to change their posts. If we give them banning ability.......I'm gone. SERIOUSLY!

Just my 2 cents.
I certainly won't give Chimmike or [email protected] any more responsibility then they have now. I don't like the way the two of them moderate.

The comment Harris made about this being another 99 SE-L situation is exactly what I have been thinking.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I'm going to elaborate a bit more:

Lew's hit the nail directly on the head. We're seeing problems with the power some of the mods have now. If we give them more how can we expect the situation to improve? I am 100% against giving every moderator to ability to ban. It's a power reserved (almost) exclusively for super moderators & administrators. The lone exception is Coco since he mods OT, but that privilege was not provided until he proved that I could trust him. I also won't hesitate to take it away. I may consider providing banning privileges to some moderators, but with the possible exception of Matt I won't consider those who have asked.

My last comment for the night is in regard to the criticisms I've read of OT by some of the moderators. This is beginning to become an issue that's making me angry. I've put a lot of time into cleaning up OT and I can't help but take some of the remarks personally. Participating in OT is a good way to blowoff some steam after spending an hour responding to e-mails, private messages, and trying to the address the myriad of problems that we seem to have constantly. Many of the comments regarding OT are by moderators who only seldomly venture into that forum and fail to understand the purpose of having an off topic section. Without OT I'd probably lose almost all interest in administering this place.

*edit* Oh, and this is another reason I like running this place.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.