Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
I'm not really diggin it. It looks like a Neon and a Scion were mixed in a cup and this is what came out.

The inside it too futuristic for me. I know its a concept vehicle and most of the interior would be honed for modern day design and use, but i'm sure most of it would be retained in some way.

I like teh headlight housing and the mirror blinkers.

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
All I gotta say is Welcome Back NISSAN!! Turbocharged 2.5.....that will definitely make it to production. I like the car. It IS a concept car, so its expected to be extravagant...but I think when its toned down a bit, it will look good. Its gotta be the next SER....

·
Registered
22 Posts
(note; first post and hello)

From what I've read, the new Sentra will be on the same platform of the Altima (don't know what the official name of Nissan's mid-sized FWD platform is). Will this car (if it's produced) be on the same platform? If not, then I doubt it can be dubbed the new SE-R, unless they revamp SE-R to be this car itself, which I also doubt.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
nah man...the sentra is based on the Renault Megane platform, not the FM platform.

·
Registered
22 Posts
andre said:
nah man...the sentra is based on the Renault Megane platform, not the FM platform.
Yeah I know, just wanted to say the future Sentra will be on the Midsized platform of the Altima. Isn't the FM Platform the platform of the Z, G35, and FX?

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
myoung said:
Hey the good news is they are bringing back a 2 door sporty economy classed sporty car... concept cars rarely look the same for production.. good example look at the concept 350z compared to what hit the streets 3 years later...
Hey, fine by me as long as it's lightweight and has two doors. :)

This makes me wonder if I really will end up "defecting" to a RSX in the upcoming years.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ReVerm said:
Hey, fine by me as long as it's lightweight and has two doors. :)

This makes me wonder if I really will end up "defecting" to a RSX in the upcoming years.
If history stays true then the next generation Nissan that competes with the RSX, like this concept, you'll certainly get more for the money with the Nissan...
or you can be a clone ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
First of all, the RSX is a huge rip-off and is NOTHING like what it SHOULD be. Honda doesn't want it here anymore and it's basically being left to die. Nissan WILL destroy the RSX once and for all with the Azeal (or something like it), partly because the RSX sucks for the price and also because Honda doesn't care about the RSX in the US anymore. Now, bring the Rev-happy 220 HP out of a 2.0L JDM Integra Type-R, and the Azeal will be toast. But that ain't happenin anytime soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TSXtacy said:
First of all, the RSX is a huge rip-off and is NOTHING like what it SHOULD be. Honda doesn't want it here anymore and it's basically being left to die. Nissan WILL destroy the RSX once and for all with the Azeal (or something like it), partly because the RSX sucks for the price and also because Honda doesn't care about the RSX in the US anymore. Now, bring the Rev-happy 220 HP out of a 2.0L JDM Integra Type-R, and the Azeal will be toast. But that ain't happenin anytime soon.
What the hell are you talking about, nothing can beat an integra type R except for an nsx type r bitches!!!!! Azeal wont stand a chance bitches. :dumbass:

·
Registered
22 Posts
ReVerm said:
Jeez. A move to the RSX is looking better already. :(
well, if you look at it, Nissan is just a little late to the trend. The Celica is gone, the MR-2 is gone, and the RSX in America is dying slowly. Should be gone after this generation.

On the other hand, with Mitsubishi "trying" to resurrect the Eclipse, Nissan making a concept to represent a "mini Z", and the domestic boys coming out with some pocket rockets of their own, you should have a good market mix to deal with and something better than an RSX. The RSX handles well and the engine is very fun along with the 6MT, but the price is too much.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
TSXtacy said:
well, if you look at it, Nissan is just a little late to the trend. The Celica is gone, the MR-2 is gone, and the RSX in America is dying slowly. Should be gone after this generation.

On the other hand, with Mitsubishi "trying" to resurrect the Eclipse, Nissan making a concept to represent a "mini Z", and the domestic boys coming out with some pocket rockets of their own, you should have a good market mix to deal with and something better than an RSX. The RSX handles well and the engine is very fun along with the 6MT, but the price is too much.
I don't plan to buy any car to drive around as is. The DC5 RSX chassis is extremely well engineered and fulfills my requirements quite well. I've already seen what kind of potential it has and the impressive value factor in how much you can extract from it for how much you spend. I can't say the same for any new small Nissan (including the JDM Tiida), any of the newly touted compacts from GM, DaimlerChrysler, Subaru, or Mitsubishi.

So in order for whatever production vehicle the Azeal turns into to win me over, it'll need to be the kind of engineering feat that draws a crowd that thinks, "Wow. Look at all these different things I can do with this!" and not the kind of crowd that thinks "Wow. I would look so different in this!"

·
Registered
22 Posts
ReVerm said:
I don't plan to buy any car to drive around as is. The DC5 RSX chassis is extremely well engineered and fulfills my requirements quite well. I've already seen what kind of potential it has and the impressive value factor in how much you can extract from it for how much you spend. I can't say the same for any new small Nissan (including the JDM Tiida), any of the newly touted compacts from GM, DaimlerChrysler, Subaru, or Mitsubishi.

So in order for whatever production vehicle the Azeal turns into to win me over, it'll need to be the kind of engineering feat that draws a crowd that thinks, "Wow. Look at all these different things I can do with this!" and not the kind of crowd that thinks "Wow. I would look so different in this!"
ok, then, makes plenty of sense, then. well the great thing about all Hondas are their fun-to-drive factor. The RSX-S is a great choice, just keep in mind IF you are a straight line guy, the base RSX MT can achieve 0-60 times very very close to an RSX-S. If you're like me, a handling junky, the RSX-S is no comparison to anything in its class. It really is a shame the Integra Type-R isn't imported here. Anybody can emptily say "Type-R's suck" because they don't like ricers, but I'd like to see someone point out any car in the Integra-R's class that can beat it. It's a true enthusiast's car in its class. Just my 2 cents.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
TSXtacy said:
ok, then, makes plenty of sense, then. well the great thing about all Hondas are their fun-to-drive factor.
As opposed to what? Spec V's, 350Z's or Altima's aren't "fun to drive".

TSXtacy said:
......, but I'd like to see someone point out any car in the Integra-R's class that can beat it. It's a true enthusiast's car in its class. Just my 2 cents.
Since you are speaking of cars not available to the American market...

Then it's easy... The Skyline beats the Type R hands down every time.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
myoung said:
As opposed to what? Spec V's, 350Z's or Altima's aren't "fun to drive".

Since you are speaking of cars not available to the American market...

Then it's easy... The Skyline beats the Type R hands down every time.
Spec V's, the Z33, and Altimas are NOT cars in the "fun to drive" category for many people. The reasons I hear most often against them are that they're: too harsh, feel too rough around the edges, and are way too heavy. I agree with all of them. Not that I'd buy any car because it's "fun to drive".

TSXtacy said "cars in the Integra R class". The Skyline Coupe and Skyline GTR are definately not in the Integra R's class.

I'm not sure if you guys have been watching the competition lately, but the changes Honda made to the USDM Acura RSX S for the 2005 model year are exactly the same as those made to the JDM Integra R. This includes the reverse wound springs on the driver's side, the suspension tweaks, the slightly stiffened chassis, and the "sportier" exterior appearance (I'm not sure what's so sporty about the new front and rear bumpers, but it's one of the things they did).

If you really think about it, there really isn't a huge gap between our RSX S and the JDM Integra R any more. The only things that are different now are the engine (the Integra R engine is still slightly more powerful than the RSX S'), the rear spoiler, the wheels, and the interior (namely seats). That's it. And considering that people like us would go and replace all of those things anyway for one reason or another, it doesn't really matter at all any more.

We have to face the facts here. The RSX S is an extremely good platform for enthusiasts to work off of, and the production car they base on the Azeal is going to have to be very, very special if it's going to compete with it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts