Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am rplacing my axel seal in my 93 SER....it is the pass. side. Has anyone done this... and if they have did they have a HARD time finding the right seal. Everyone parts store in town cannot find the right seal. Did anyother tranny's bolt up to the SR20? I NEED to find the right seal...anyone know a part number or can tell me how to get this over with.
Thanks
-Ben

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just changed mine in my 92 se-r, drivers side.....i went to the dealership, it was 7 bux, u should def get one from there or ur just wasting ur time. Use the proper puller. I wedged a flathead and gauged up the tranny and made notches in it. Then it leaked real bad with a new seal. So i put silicon around it and then installed it... Just saying use the proper seal removal tool and installer and u shouldnt have a problem, I am sure the passenger side is the same as the drivers..at least the removal and install g/l!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think the removal is the same...the one that i had in there just pulled right out. It was leaking like a siv. Yea i tracked down the right part at the dealer..why are dealership parts guys such fuc*ing assholes?
-Ben

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I replaced mine and when I tapped it in. I misshaped the front and it leaked, make sure you tap this thing in so ever gently, don't crimp any edges or it will leak bad. You simply pull the axels right out, make sure the clip stays on the axel end. This will be messy, drain the tranny out. I would replace the fluid now with redline MT-90 I got it from Summit racing.

Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have to change one and you have the SR20...goto nissan. All of the parts stores you go to will mess up the seal. I finally got mine in. Went in just fine, and replaced my fluid with AmsOIL Syn. I havent had a leak yet. If you all need the part number for that seal i have it.
-Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts