Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the axle ratio for my 2002 1.8L? (5-spd manual) Im having a hard time finding the documentation anywhere. Or where I can find this information for any car? Im trying to compare the axle ratio on my sentra to my old corolla...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
5. TCM Malaysia quotes the following gear ratios:
1st=3.333
2nd=1.955
3rd=1.286
4th=0.926
5th=0.756
Final Drive=4.167 (brochure), 4.176 (service manual). The service manual is correct while the brochure is incorrect and TCM never bothered to correct it for the Sentra FL2 and Sport brochures. I'm pretty sure it's never been corrected since the beginning! And how do I know which publication is correct? Well the service manual lists the following: Final gear teeth count=71, pinion=17. 71 divided by 17 will give you 4.176470588235294117647....
source

The N16 Files: N16 Manual Transmission
qg18de.net

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I actually meant the axle ratio alone though; is that what the 4.167 is? axle gear ratio between the tranni and the wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Final drive is pretty much all about the gearing of the car.

An example is where 4.11:1 will give you higher engine revs, faster acceleration, more pulling power, less gas mileage and slower top speed. 3.73:1 will give you slightly lower engine revs, slower acceleration, less stump pulling power, slightly better gas mileage and a higher theatrical top speed.

4.167 final drive will give the higher revs, and faster acceleration.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ok That is what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. Idk if my terminology is incorrect or if it actually is a completely different mechanical setup than compared to, for example, a rear wheel drive truck (aside from the obvious difference in drive-line setup). When I owned a jeep, your axle/gear/ring&pinion ratio was a big topic of discussion. "Final drive" ratio is the way to put it here..?

·
Registered
10 Posts
from my understanding, i think it regards to more of the gearing ratio of the car, not by whether or not the car is four wheel drive, rwd or fwd. Someone else can help that for me.

If you want more information, check out qg18de.net for more info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts