Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i'm screwin around in my pathfinder before work, and i put it in 4wd and Make a REAL TIGHT turn, and hear the Tires breakin out like its got a Locker, thinkin its what my dad said and the fronts will grab in tight corners i stick my head out the window and look and hear its from the rear?!?!? So now i'm curious, Do the 92 Xe Pathfinders 4wd have a Electric Locker? or is that normal and i'm rememberin my dad wrong???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind my dad explained it to me.... lol:newbie:

·
Registered
165 Posts
so post for the rest of us..... :)

unless it was the LSD causing it, which would make sense.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright sorry lol

The way he explained it was When a 4x4 truck is in 4x4 it Locks the Front and Rear WHeels together, Causeing the two tires closest to each other to become almost like a Welded Diff, (front Left Rear Left and Front RIght Rear RIght) So when you make a Tight turn the Front wheel Travels Farther (or shorter one of the two) which in turn causes the corresponding wheel to Lose Traction and SLip to Catch up to its partner wheel. When Done on Solid Ground (like a Parking lot for example) it Puts MAJOR STRAIN on the Drivetrain, so HIGHLY NOT RECCOMENDED.... Make sense? kinda.... alright then your with me lol:confused::loser:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts