Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i assume here would be appropriate to post this since my wiring question got moved b/c they thought it was just abou t projectors......to do a GTi-R swap.......w/ the trans, ecu, turbo and all.......how do you mod the AWD trans to the FWD platform?? or must i use the stock SE-R trans from my 97 SE-R???

Thanks

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1997 GA16DE said:
I don't think you use the AWD trans at all, that tranny will only work in an AWD Nissan Bluebird. You just need to buy a GTi-R block and fit it on to a U.S. FWD SR20 tranny when you do the install.
Correct... or...... you could make your 200SX an AWD. I've been wanting to do this for a while now

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Originally posted by 02 Almera:
"...Correct... or...... you could make your 200SX an AWD. I've been wanting to do this for a while now..."
I heard about a kid in town that made his B14 RWD when he did his DET swap. Never saw the car, but supposedly they used a 240sx rear end to make it work. Cost him a fortune. So I'd imagine AWD can be done. I've pondered an AWD classic, and of course everyone shoots the idea down, but I might pursue it someday. The hard part would be the differentials. Rear end wouldn't be bad if it's IRS, and all you'd have to do is have custom shafts made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts