Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a screach for Average MPG and really didn't come up with anything i could use. so, please grace me with the average MPG of your Sentra any model, Drivin hard and Drivin Nice. thanks all :jump:

by the way i have an 02 spec V

·
Registered
91 Posts
mpg

SE-R spec V 2005

mpg:

moderate drive- 24+/city...30+/hwy rpms and accel kept low

hard driving- 18+/city...24+/hwy rpms and accel where at a high

the hard driving is exactly what it means 60-70mph city, 80-100mph hwy

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
around 28 for city and highway, and I always drive pretty aggressively. I've gotten up to 34 highway though, pretty sure I had a tailwind. That's on an SE with i/h/e

·
Registered
65 Posts
My average mpg according to the dash display is 27. This is after 13k+ miles and a good balance of highway and city driving. I drive pretty moderately but like to air it out occasionally.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have an 04 1.8 baseline...if i drive normally...about 29 in the city and 36 on the hwy...if i drive the way i normally do...bout 33 on the hwy and 20 in the city

·
Registered
34 Posts
i get about 19 when i drive hard. and moderate driving i get about 25+. highway would be about 30. its not that bad, but all i use is premium. when i use 89 octane for some reason i get MORE gas mileage. but i feel the lack of performance(just a little)

alf.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 97 200 sx base with the 1.6 5spd and I pretty much always drive it for mileage and in the past 4 months that I have been driving it (half city/half hwy) I have averaged 36mpg. I think that is pretty good, especially considering it is winter now (I live in Wisconsin) If you drive these for mileage (especially with a stick) you should be able to get some pretty good mileage.

·
I am Popo Bawa
220 Posts
'02 spec V, I consistently see 26 mpg w/a mix of aggressive and conservative driving. When I concentrate on driving to save gas, I can get 28. When I burn through a tank like a maniac, 24 mpg.

Skatehard, unless you've racked up a ton of miles already, you probably shouldn't be doing 80-100 yet. I am not calling you out or trying to tell you what to do, but you really need to be careful when breaking in that engine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
muphasta said:
'02 spec V, I consistently see 26 mpg w/a mix of aggressive and conservative driving. When I concentrate on driving to save gas, I can get 28. When I burn through a tank like a maniac, 24 mpg.

Skatehard, unless you've racked up a ton of miles already, you probably shouldn't be doing 80-100 yet. I am not calling you out or trying to tell you what to do, but you really need to be careful when breaking in that engine.
Hmm.. I've had around 30 MPG on long freeway runs, but my typical around town MPG was about 16-18..

·
Registered
154 Posts
'02 Spec V, gets about 21mpg on a mix of city/highway and a mix of conservative/aggressive driving. I once did Vegas to LA (280 miles, 99% highway) on a full tank of gas, with the AC on the whole way. So about 25mpg highway with AC, around 28mpg highway without AC.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Mr SEntra said:
I get anywhere from 22-34 mpg. 22 under boost all the time, all city driving. 34 with hardly any boost, all highway. :) Highway crusing at around 3400-3600 RPM.
That pisses me off. You're running 250 WHP and you still get better mileage than I do!!!! :mad:

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Mr SEntra said:
Haha, sorry Nick! I'm glad I get damn good gas mileage on long highway driving because I can't afford to take long distance trips if it wasn't good! :)
I can only imagine you have to run at least relatively high ocatane though, premium or higher would be my guess?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i'd say between 28 to 32 on normal driving. i never really trust there estimates though but i'd say these cars get really good gas mileage. REALLY GOOD MPG....

·
Mofo fo life
2,103 Posts
i get about 20-25 in the city, get anywhere from 30-35 on the highway depending on traffic/ driving conditions

·
I am Popo Bawa
220 Posts
How are you guys measuring you mpg between city and highway seperately?

I just have a combined estimate of what i see at the pump vs. what I see on my trip odo.

Since I have to do city driving until I get to the freeway, then more form the freeway to work, then on the way home it is a lot of stop and go thanks to all the traffic on the freeway, I can only do a combined estimate of mpg. There was the one time I filled up in Vegas, then filled up right off the freeway here in San Diego where I saw the 30 mpg. That was w/cruise control set at 75 or 80, depending on traffic, and the AC running.

but everything else has been combined milage.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts