Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far have people gone in terms of mileage on their 1990's? If treated well and maintained, how many miles can someone expect? The one I am getting next week has 188,000 and I am a little bit worried.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am the original owner of a 1990 300ZX TT. I currently have over 244,000 miles on the odometer. The car is a daily driver and beginning to show her age. I need to make a few suspension and other repairs but she still runs strong. I plan on keeping the car for at least another five to ten years but after that I'll probably retire her and maybe just show the car. It's starting to get hard finding parts that Nissan never expected to wear out or planned for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
People have approached me, asking to buy my TT but I decline their offers. That's because to replace the car I'd have to spend about 40k to 50K to find something similar in performance, style, reliability and comfort. Right now, the wife and I need something with a back seat and will probably get a Frontier but will keep the TT. However, if you want a 1990 anything, you're investing in twenty year old technology. There's a cost vs benefit vs how much longer can you expect to drive it before major repairs. Yes, they are neat cars and the drive trains, if properly maintained, are practically bullet proof but if I were you, I'd go for a 350 or a 370, which ever I could afford.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts