Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I am a bit perturbed.

I got my 88 a few weeks ago and have been trying to resolve all the issues that pop up. I have had lots of luck getting parts from a local boneyard, and I have had a transmission leak that I have just been dealing with.

So I finally got under it and after scrubbing all the mud and crap from under it I located a bolt hole that had no bolt. So I cleaned the area up some more and found another hole, but it didnt seem to go any where. If you are on the ground under your truck on the passenger side the holes are just above the cross member (I will post pics tomorrow). I got the bolts from Nissan that I thought I needed. The bolt goes in from the front, over the oilpan and then threads into the transmission/bellhousing. I dont know if I need to try and jack the transmission up, maybe the bolt isnt getting a direct shot at the threads, or if I got the wrong bolts. The bolt goes into the hole fine, it just wont start.

Does anyone have the factory service manual to tell me which bolts I need? I went to my local nissan dealer and had him order a handful of the transmission bolt he had listed, but I dont know if the one I got are right, or if they are too big.

Anybody have any ideas?

My other option is to hopefully get lucky at a junkyard and find the bolt there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the holes, and all.

The q-tip goes all the way through, the part you see is on the rear of the transmission. The bolt enters from the front (the threads are where you see the q-tip).

With this one you can see some of the threads, the cleaner hole is the one. The upper hole doesnt go any where, it just stops. It looks like its there for a different model or something.

If anyone has the factory service manual I would love to see the diagram for the transmission/driveplate/motor assembly.

This is just am image from a hotmail ad, just a gift for you taking the time to read the post....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The top one is? I am going to get a bottle jack to make sure I can get the holes to line up correctly, then I am going to attempt the bolt install again. I can get to it, I just think the tranny is leaning and not allowing me to get the threads to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts