Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i wanted to ask around to see if anybody knew a place where i could get a manual transmission for my 2000 sentra gxe. i went down and talked to the dealer but they are my last option cuz i know they have the worst prices. if anybody could recommend a site and a transmission or if someone could sell me a manual transmission, that would be greatly appreciated thanks again...

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
edgar187 said:
hey guys,
i wanted to ask around to see if anybody knew a place where i could get a manual transmission for my 2000 sentra gxe. i went down and talked to the dealer but they are my last option cuz i know they have the worst prices. if anybody could recommend a site and a transmission or if someone could sell me a manual transmission, that would be greatly appreciated thanks again...
You would have to search around ur area. Maybe someone around where you live might know a place or two. I personally get mine done at Valvoline, because my dad's friend owns the store.

·
Registered
871 Posts
For the amount of money it would cost you would be better off trading your car in for something that is either new, or has a manual transmition already. Most people end up dropping a couple thousand on tranny swaps.

Why are you swapping trannys? Perfomance? Gas mileage? ??

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
For the amount of money it would cost you would be better off trading your car in for something that is either new, or has a manual transmition already. Most people end up dropping a couple thousand on tranny swaps.
Yeah, it cost's a **** load.

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
edgar187 said:
hey guys,
unless your that bored.. or just curious if you can do it.... its not really worth it. Too much can go wrong.. and as everyone is saying, its alot of money

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I have seen one conversion and it was about 4 grand. If you are in for the drag, get the auto built as a built auto is superior to a manual. If you like autocrossing or just driving stick, sell the car and buy one in manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts