Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the general times that a 1996 200sx SE-R being an automatic. I have an automatic and it seems to not take off at all at the start and then accelerates very quickly after 3000 rpms? What could cause the hesitation off the line or is it normal for automatics...i mean a hestitation that it's not going anywhere when you first hit the gas....what are the things I should check/change since I just bought the car? Thanx

Justin

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey why was it moved here? I have the SR20 ???? I could see it being moved there but not here??? anyone??

·
Registered
236 Posts
well, my car's most like a lot heavier than yours. especially since i never took anything out when i did the 1/4 mile (in fact, i had some extra shit in there too)

anyway....i couldn't even break 17 seconds. that's with just stepping on the go pedal...not launching (bad brakes, can't rev)

now you see why i'd rather auto-x

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Unfortunately, that is one of the crappy things about automatics. A simple and free mod. you can do is to tighten the throttle wire. This will make the car more responsive.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zeno said:
Unfortunately, that is one of the crappy things about automatics. A simple and free mod. you can do is to tighten the throttle wire. This will make the car more responsive.
but not too much b/c then your engine will race & your idle will be high b/c the cable's too tight... and your engine will "diesel" when you shut it off.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Koncept_SE-R said:
what is the general times that a 1996 200sx SE-R
In the lower 8's. Dig through HERE.

b4 anybody gets too excited, that's 2 60, not the 1/4 mile....

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NITROUS

Could I just put a 55 shot on it? how safe is putting nitrous on a stock engine? I think I can get a ZEX kit from a friend for 300 so what you guys think??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts