Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not allowed to drive TT (due to Australian law as i am on my P's) but i want a manual. Should i buy the auto and put a manual in, or manual tt and remove tt?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, me an' dad want to get one so we can work on it... i'm kinda new at all this, so could you explain what is involved in changing the transmition?

·
Registered
155 Posts
patteh said:
Well, me an' dad want to get one so we can work on it... i'm kinda new at all this, so could you explain what is involved in changing the transmition?
You might even end up losing money doing a tranny swap. Buy one with the tranny you want. Trust me there is a hell of a lot of things you and your father can work on. It just makes more sense to buy one that has what you want in it fix it up/perfomancize it. Instead of shelling out bills for a manny tranny you could be doing cams/flywheel/turbo upgrade/etc. Trust.

·
Registered
72 Posts
wish they had that law here... that way all these lil punks with mommy and daddys money cant buy a TT and wrap it around a tree

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've just bought a NA manual and have no with laws and no trouble insuring it, im on the way to 150kW at the wheels witch will make it as quick as a tt, No large expenses all bolt on. So if your looking for horsepower you can still get it from the NA just not as easilly as the tt. You'll still be pleased with a NA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o, definately, i'd be pleasesd with the shell of the body sitting on my lawn :p

Just there aint a great a great abundance of manual NA 300's over here.. not much choice in the matter.

whats involved in the removal of TT from a manual?

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
patteh said:
o, definately, i'd be pleasesd with the shell of the body sitting on my lawn :p

Just there aint a great a great abundance of manual NA 300's over here.. not much choice in the matter.

whats involved in the removal of TT from a manual?
It would be a huge pain. You'd need a pair of nonturbo exhaust manifolds and downpipes, to begin with. Installl those, remove the intercooler piping, reroute the intake piping directly from the MAF to the throttle bodies. You'll also need to cap the oil lines to the turbos that aren't there anymore, as well as the coolant lines. There may be other things I'm not aware of. It would be easier to buy an NA car now and trade it for a TT later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
hmm. well is there anotehr way to disable TT? friend sugested putting disabling rotors in the turbos, so they dont do anything...

i had a look at teh power to weight ratio crappy law we got here... 125:1 and under is legal.. 300zx w/ TT is at 137.5:1 :( is tehre at least a way of reducing the ratio to make it legal?

Further more, what sort of cost am i looking at for the extra parts if i did infact decided to remove TT altogether?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts