Nissan Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
well, it's not that bad really, ppl blow it out of proportion saying you need to buy a 3200 dollar tranny or something... I'd say the shift kit and a tranny cooler will do wonders for a turbocharged auto... besides ppl who have an auto should know that they'll never win a speed contest against an equally built manual (w/o concern of driving skill), it's just a choice.

·
Registered
393 Posts
well, if youre worried about speed contests, take him out to your local interstate... haha, autos dont matter on the freeway. oh yeah, and i have that same model van. (stock, of course)

·
Registered
40 Posts
thats sic. i like your set up, very nice....problem is I live in california, so i'd have to find a turbo kit that was street legal with a carb e/o number, otherwise Its just a waste of money...do any of you know if the 200sx project turbo from hotshot is smog approved? I doubt it is.
~lalo

·
Registered
393 Posts
i dont think that it is, the page for it says "intended for off-road use only" which would imply that it is not smog legal. also, dont doubt that b/c it is a sentra kit they wouldnt CARB it. HKS and a someone else has smog legal kits for civics, integs, etc... blah blah blah, theyre hondas. but have you taken a look out on the streets lately, ive been seeing a lot more nissans, sentras and stuff

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well Mike young lives in calie to has the HS turbo in his car........ Dont forget project 200 is a daily driver......................

·
Registered
393 Posts
you could be right, but i mean... just cuz someone has it on their car doesnt mean its legal.

·
Registered
393 Posts
yeah, you dont really have to worry about cops too much, you can always pay the right person a couple hundred bucks to pass smog, and get around other things. but my point is, its still not street legal and you have to do all these things to have it. i would much rather have a street legal kit than one that is "intended for offroad use only." while the HS kit is a great kit im sure, that is one major flaw, since i do live in socal. if i had a choice between a street legal kit from someone else and the HS kit, i would definately take the street legal kit.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts