Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you test shift module and or shift solenoids on a 87 pathfinder 4X4. Won't shift out of 1st gear not even manually.

·
3,553 Posts

·
3,553 Posts
Those are rare and problematic. They didn't use the 3-speed past 87. Sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
striperdad said:
No it didn"t shift manually. Had the tranny rebuilt for 1700. Now I need a Y pipe.
I just picked up an 87 Pathy and am wondering what rpm's is normal at 55mph. The trans completes the first 2 shifts fine but has never made a transfer to the 3 shift. It currently turns about 3500 rpm at 55mph. It does not have the power shif button.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hillibily
Mine is doing the same thing I got underneath to fine that my torque converter solenoid wires were ripped out .....guess it got caught on something while 4 wheeling. I know that the throttle position has lots to do with the shifting usually around 50-55 it shifts to the 3rd shift can you let off the throttle a little to see if it will shift then slowly accelerate?

I am waiting on the part now ....i will let you know if that fixes it

87 Red pathy 206,000

·
Registered
47 Posts
i REPLACED THE PART BUT THE WIRE HARNESS WAS MISSING ....I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHERE THE CONNECTOR WAS? sTRANGE ....I'M WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SEND ME A PICTURE OF THE ORIGIN SO I CAN SPLICE A NEW ONE ON

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1994 Terrano that wont shift past second. I have the trans manual and have replaced everything that was indicated as faulty...diagnostics now indicate no fault but still it wont change past second....aaaaaaggggghhhh driving the wifes car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts