Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:waving: Getting ready to start Troubleshooting my 95 4WD SE Auto Transmission RE4R01A.

Symptom: After always having had a "big shock" shifting up the gears for the past 5 years, suddenly it just "gave up the ghost" one day. Ran like normal, then backed out of parking spot ok, but once in "D" it felt like breaks were on all the time! Reverse was even worse, really felt like a hung break pad or rear shoes. Anyway, ran the diagnostics and nothing is indicated!

So...after reading around, I guess my first, and easiest task is to drop the tranny oil pan and poke around the valve body? Fluid is not burnt looking or smelling, levels are ok. I am suspecting a possible stuck line pressure solenoid or maybe just a blocked passage in the valve body? (Hope..Hope..)

Anyone else seen this behavior? I thought at first it was stuck in "Limp Home to Mama" mode, but then didn't see any flashed codes, just 10 nice short blips!

·
3,553 Posts
Change the fluid first, drop the trans pan if possible and clean it out. The inside of the pan might tell you something about the condition of the trans: if it's got a lot of sediment and chips/bits in it, you know she's pretty well on her way to being hosed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts