Nissan Forum banner

What type of B14 and tranny do you have??

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
matcapir said:
What B14 do you have and what tranny??
Its almost not fair. I have what I have (auto) and have to cry myself to sleep wanting what I can't afford (manual swap)! :(

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
Get a performance torque converter in the meantime while you're saving up for the manual swap.. I'm thinking of doing that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DraftEm98 said:
Its almost not fair. I have what I have (auto) and have to cry myself to sleep wanting what I can't afford (manual swap)! :(
I hear ya, fortunately I stumbled upon my 200sx at a used car dealership. I probably paid too much for it in 2001, but It's been worth every penny, plus it was a 5-speed!!! :thumbup:

GREAT SIG MAN!!! TOO FUNNY

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
my 200 is my first stick, i love it, but i need a short throw shifter w/ ES shift bushings

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
himbo said:
my 200 is my first stick, i love it, but i need a short throw shifter w/ ES shift bushings
I've been reading alot about the short shifters lately, It's basically just a feel thing right. So it doesn't take as much to manuever between gears??? Are there quality issues involved, i.e. certain brands that make a better product?

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
matcapir said:
I've been reading alot about the short shifters lately, It's basically just a feel thing right. So it doesn't take as much to manuever between gears??? Are there quality issues involved, i.e. certain brands that make a better product?
A short thrower will make your stock shifter feel like you were in an old pickup!

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
By the way... I was leaving the student union at my local college today and saw a beutiful mint 98 200sx se-r. No big deal, right? I look into the p/s window... automatic! I went back into the student u and asked whos car it was. A 20 yr old sophomore (girl) squeeks up. After a thorough investigation I find out that she had her daddy buy it for her (new) and didnt want a stick.
If there is a god, he shat on me a long time ago!

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
well i used to have a auto sentra, and dreamt of one day converting it to manual...but then one day it struck me, why the HELL would i do that. i could just sell my car, buy the same year and model with a stick, and place the money that i would have spent on the conversion on some mods. i did that, but didnt like the sentra i got so i sold it, then i bought an altima then i sold it, then i bought the most beautifullest car ever, a 1998 200sx-ser, but then got totalled after like a week, by some idiot who decided to race and not stop when he saw me infront of him, so go with a 200sx with stick, not a sentra, unless you like them... :fluffy:

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
Yeah, I'm dreaming of converting mine to manual... I think it's the fact that it's my first car. I dream 10 years from now I will still be driving my first car, but with a manual trans :rolleyes:

Dreams are dreams.. but I hope I can turn it into reality in several years.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wufaded said:
I envy (HATE) all you with standard transmissions....:D:D:D
Don't hate me cause I got a 5 speed.. Hate me cause YOU don't. :thumbup:

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
my first car was a 1500 family discount 96 sentra auto 125k miles on it then i wanted a manual and a 2 door so bad found a 200sx 5speed for 700 bucks 206k miles on it now full motor rebuild and i love the thing way faster than my sentra

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
Quepias said:
98 Sentra - Manual Transmission baby! :thumbup:
hey, off topic, but do you have a radio in your car, or is it all gauges?

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
matcapir said:

B&M makes a great short throw, and so does SMC

1 - 20 of 47 Posts