Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it dangerous to use an auto ecu on a manual car?

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Pretty sure it won't work - it'll be trying to change gears on you and other crap like that. I wouldn't try it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
belive me it works

when my auto broke i changed it to a jdm manual and left the auto ecu

the car shifts great and runs good

the only thing wrong is the ever since the "check engine" light has always been on

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what the light??

youget used to it after a while

·
Registered
722 Posts
thats just an idiot light. it probally just thinking somethings fucked up with the tranny since it isn't getting proper feed back.. how would it be trying to shift gears. it would be like trying to change channels and not even have the remote in your hands. youre just pushing buttons in mid air.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
superfro86 said:
thats just an idiot light. it probally just thinking somethings fucked up with the tranny since it isn't getting proper feed back.. how would it be trying to shift gears. it would be like trying to change channels and not even have the remote in your hands. youre just pushing buttons in mid air.

good point!!

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Did you ever check the ECU codes? You may have a VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) malfunction going from the auto to manual. I had it come on when my auto died and when I had faulty transmissions till I got my Aamco tranny.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i tried cheking the codes but i coulnt do it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts