Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there, my friend got this 92 subaru svx crap 230 HP very heavy limited shitty car with major faults in it, the thing is, its the first car that has auto and stardard in it. how come? i mean theres no clutch but theres a button that will shift between stardard/auto. anyone explain plz???

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
No it's just a regular auto tranny in it. Maybe if you press it, the driver will be able to select 1, 2, 3, D with the gear selector. A swap to manual tranny from a Legacy sedan will make that car really nice!!! Try www.i-club.com they might have some more insight.

BTW don't rag on Subarus, they are GREAT cars.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
shit imo its the most reliable cars made!!! nissan is the best imo but subaru was my first car and it was the safest most reliable car ive ever owned and probably ever will! i beat the shit out of that piece of shit, and it never left me stranded EVER. thing was rusted out from front to back (had huge holes in the trunk) no exaust, no brakes (had to use the hand brake), and the clutch slipped more than me when im drunk. if i didnt have nissan it would be subaru all the way!

·
Pastor of Muppets
153 Posts
Hell yeah... Subaru's are bulletproof. I'm on my 2nd one this year. My first was a sedan with an auto in it, I tore the shit out of it and it never showed any signs of wear. The one I have now is an 87 4wd station wagon... I use it as my commuter beater, and camping and snow car. It's great for hauling too... brought a loveseat home in it last week.

The thing is ugly as sin and slow as hell but I love it- it's got it's own personality, even when you're working on it (the word "complicated" comes to mind... lol). It'll still be running when the body totally rusts off.

And yes, there is a club for them. http://www.ultimatesubaru.net

I'm a member of that BB too.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like subarus especially wrx ones. but the svx are shitty, so heavy and no fun to drive, actually u can get them for less than 2k's on ebay...not bad for 240 hp lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts