Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting new speakers for my nissan b12 but im not sure which ones? I had a kenwood self powered sub installed under the seat and I would like to add a pair of ok - better then stock speakers for under 200 bucks...Any suggestions? Also how do the speakers install on the b12? Do I need a special adapter or do the new speakers plug right in? How does it work? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Erm... Wouldn't it work just as in other vehicles? If you want an amp, I'm sure it'll come with instructions. If you just want to put oval ones in the back, I'm sure you can make a box or buy pre-made tiny boxes for them to hide under your seats and they should just need a couple wires to whatever radio you have installed. Mine even came with a white and red plug for back speakers, but i still needed to run each wire to each speaker much like... headphones?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

So is that the size of the speakers in the front 6.5'? I was mainly wondering what the speakers in the front were? How much is a adapter?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well you'll find stock speakers are some of the simplest wiring in the car... red to red and black to black. If the connecters don't fit, cut the ends off, and either crimp on new ones from your local supermarket or use a soldering pen/gun.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
the holes don't line up I believe, just use self tapping screws and be careful that the bit doesn't slip off the screw and peirces the speaker cone, on my sentra with the flat door panels with the plastic grilles I removed the grille and mounted the speaker with the door panel on the door than used the new speakers grille, when I switched to the sport type door panels I mounted the speakers under the door panel. The only thing you have to watch is the depth of the new speaker, if they are too deep you will have to use a spacer behind the spoeaker, I made a set out of 1/4" plywood with one of the sets of speakers I used to have, the alpines I have fit with no spacer, check the application guide or call crutchfield and ask what the depth is for the car and how deep the speakers you are looking at are before you buy them.
\

1 - 9 of 9 Posts