Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys more of a query.
I have the Pathfinder/terrano 88 with injection carb, the problem is my distributor needs to be replaced,but due to the type its near impossible to find one here , my question is can I use the direct injection dizzy or continue to look out further like worldwide as not many of this motor is about and would like to resolve this issue, really unsure if the connections are still going to work.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,949 Posts
In 1990, the V6 received an upgrade from throttle body injection to a multi point fuel injection system. This engine was known as the VG30E, and was rated at 153 hp (114 kW) and 180 lb⋅ft (244 N⋅m) torque. Also in 1990, the Z24i was replaced with the KA24E. Both engines used a distributor that contained a camshaft position sensor which used light emitting diodes and photo diodes to produce pulses. Your old distributor might use the same technology; it would have 4 wires that ran into the ECU. If the replacement distributor matched up physically with the old one; meaning the same shaft length/width and gear teeth, it might just work. Here's a picture of the newer one:

Font Parallel Circle Pattern Line art

1 - 2 of 2 Posts