Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
well.I havent seen anything come out of Aerospeed that was really worht a crap..but maybe someone has one and can attest to it...

·
Registered
781 Posts
HAve you guys seen this? I was thinking about getting them. you can get them from JCWsportcompact.com for like $50. I think they might look pretty sweet. I have seen them on another car and tought they made the stock front end a little more sporty looking.

http://www.arospeed.com/products/mainproductpicture/e_ARO38.jpg

·
Registered
500 Posts
Aerospeed makes a good floor bar, so I've heard. It's like a strut tower bar except it goes on your rear floorboard and bolts onto the seat belt mounts, I think. Helps even more with chassis flex. I heard a couple of good things about it and he said the same thing you did, that Aerospeed sucks, but he liked how well their floor bar worked.

http://www.arospeed.com/s2000.asp?catid=18

I know that says S2000 but the guy said they made one for our cars also.

K

·
0 Posts
arospeed products are OK. A word of advice though...you get what you pay for!!

K

·
0 Posts
Check out $tealins (stillen) site. They make excellent short shifters, but they are a bit over priced. I have one and it performs!

N

·
0 Posts
aerospeed short shifters stink..... I treid one because it was cheap and hated it... I ended up getting the one i should have gotten in the first place. The good old B&M.. They are the best but cost about 120-140. The B&M comes with a new pivot plate also. The aeroslow crap shifter looks a lot like the one ment for a honda civic.... (i installed one on my buddies car).. I give them props for using a bearing instead of a bushing though.

Problems with the aerospeed are

It binds without some creative engineering
Does not come with all the neccesary parts
I got no instructions
Uses lots of stock pieces that are replaced buy better shifters
It stinks
It does not shorten the throw that much anyway when your done

Buy the B&M its worth the money and you get more then you do witht the aerospeed

N

·
0 Posts
They just come in a nice classic grey finish..... It looks good but you can always get a boot... I think some of the sport compact shifters are availible in chrome but my B&M is grey.

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,326 Posts
pacesetter makes one...my boy chimminke here on forums has one...ask him if he likes it....he has a 01 sentra gxe but the ga16 transmissions match up ( shifter wise)...

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,326 Posts
correction....his name is chimmike...not whatever i said earlier...and the trannys dont match up, but meant that a ga16 shifter fits into his.....so ask him if he likes it...i might get one....pacesetter is shit....but who knows

·
Registered
188 Posts
from what ive heard arospeed shifters suck, ive even heard of them breaking in your hand, if i were you i would get the pacesetter, ya ya, i know pacesetter sucks, but not as far as this short shifter goes, its the same model as the classic smc, the best short shifter ever made for a 200sx.

·
My car doesn't like you
593 Posts
Pacesetter performance products are low-end but the SS is good one. I have the pacesetter short shifter on my car.... its great, not a single problem. Like cleanb14 said, its a copy of a quality classic. Cant beat that... I give the PS a :thumbup:

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
dont buy anything but an old smc shifter, pacesetter, or b&m. i bought one off ebay and it snapped off at the weld on the pivot point on valentine's day. it never felt right either bc i was using a tiny bolt. it was night and day after i installed my pacesetter. its on $70 shipped from nopi.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
The pacesetter shifter is just the shifter, the ball, and the little rubber cap that goes under the ball. You'll need to reuse a few things from the stock shifter assembly, namely the shifter brushings. The B&M is an entire shifter assembly. It does cost more, but it is a direct drop-in replacement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts